Ongoing Discussions Regarding Transformers Collectors Club Security Breach Thread: Update: Breach Occurred, Cancel Cards, Change Passwords

Overbite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, i didn't see this must animosity back when TF Source had their breach last year. My card got used on Toms.com to buy shoes during that breach.

For the current breach, my card got used for a google thing and a walmart.com transaction. I cancelled my card immediately and filed a fraud claim. I'm going through and changing all my passwords and watching my accounts daily.

Shit happens. There's a lot of a holes out there who are going to try and steal from you. Check your spam filter if you need proof. In this day and age, if you don't want your CC number stolen online you would almost have to stop using the internet all together.

The thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened with fun pub. They also never upgraded their security and left most of the info in public folders. So now they are forced to upgrade

As for TF Source, I've used my card there before and never had it used anywhere else, even during the breaches there. My info has always been safe

The thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened with fun pub. They also never upgraded their security and left most of the info in public folders. So now they are forced to upgrade

As for TF Source, I've used my card there before and never had it used anywhere else, even during the breaches there. My info has always been safe

you got lucky i guess.

• 3 weeks later...
funpub-100.jpg
Fun Publications has sent out a new update to all members regarding the ongoing investigation of the security breach (ongoing coverage) of their online store. The security firm has found that the Fun Publications store was subject to a SQL injection code attack sometime before Christmas and a security flaw at the ISP level failed to deter this kind of attack. The attack was undetected and allowed hackers to continue to return to the server at any time and access additional customer information. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

Honestly, there should be a class action suit against Fun Publications. This is 100% due to negligence on their part. ANY remotely experienced programmer knows about SQL injection and wards against it. This is akin to leaving the doors unlocked on your home. Fun Pub took no steps to protect members information at any level. Even the data stored was not encrypted, which would have thwarted this even if the hackers got the data. I hope Hasbro will remove Fun Publications as their convention partner as they clearly don't have their customers or Hasbro's best interests in mind.

Got hit on monday for something called Supergroup Internet which as far as I can tell is a clothing company overseas. They got me for $170. There are a few more $1 charges, some of which are legit but some, like to YAHOO! Wallet, definitely are not. I cancelled my card today. Freakin' annoying.

Honestly, there should be a class action suit against Fun Publications. This is 100% due to negligence on their part. ANY remotely experienced programmer knows about SQL injection and wards against it. This is akin to leaving the doors unlocked on your home. Fun Pub took no steps to protect members information at any level. Even the data stored was not encrypted, which would have thwarted this even if the hackers got the data. I hope Hasbro will remove Fun Publications as their convention partner as they clearly don't have their customers or Hasbro's best interests in mind.

If my bank's investigation turns up that it's due to this leak I will be first in line to sign up for something like that. I don't want any additional money so long as I get what was taken back, I just want them held accountable. Not just really sorry after the fact.

Archived