Ongoing Discussions Regarding Transformers Collectors Club Security Breach Thread: Update: Breach Occurred, Cancel Cards, Change Passwords

Overbite

From what I've just been reading, its gotten to the point where Fun Publications itself can be held liable for not upgrading their security like they should have done multiple times

Someone should sue them. At this Point Fun Publications think that they can do and treat their customers anyway they want. And when they do get in trouble they say Sorry and hey Be happy you have a club. That's just week for a business. And yes folks some of you may be friendly with these guys but the fact of the Matter they are a business. And should be treated as so.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still have not shipped my figure! If they don't ship it by the 8th then it is tough muffins with me resubbing. Because I just know they will pull some sort of BS of canceling my runamuck order because their POS store wouldn't let me order it at the same time when I bought drift.

Not to mention I am NOT happy that they allowed someone to get into my gmail because they are incompetent lazy schmucks that cant update their damn server software every 5 years. Oh well at least now I know who "leaseweb.com:108.59.5.147" was... Thanks FunPub!

Does anyone know what someone could do with the following information?

-My name, address, phone number, and alternative emails. "thanks to my google profile"

-All of the sites a frequent. "who knows if they know the passwords to, again I had alot of emails"

-All of my contacts emails, phone numbers for some.

-Possibly pillaged picasa photos

-A rather large collection of emails from the past 4-7 years.

I flipping hate being hacked, its like virtual rape, and I don't enjoy it in the slightest... I agree with Cybercouncil, someone needs to flipping sue these idiots for being incompetent and being so careless with out information.

As long as none of your passwords for said accounts match the email/password combo you had at TFCC Reluttr, you should be ok. I highly recommend going through all of your accounts & changing the passwords nonetheless

The worst they could do with that info is phish your contact, Rel. It's amazing that, in the digital age, a company would actually regress to physical mail. It shows a lack of initiative and an ignorance for current technology IMO.

The worst they could do with that info is phish your contact, Rel. It's amazing that, in the digital age, a company would actually regress to physical mail. It shows a lack of initiative and an ignorance for current technology IMO.

What really makes it worst is that they seem to want to pass the blame to anyone other then themselves. Then they make it seem like it will all be nothing in the end and everyone will be ok and reimbursed. Which is true to some effect when it comes to some of the bank charges but it is not nothing. Calling these charges in and changing passwords going thru emails to see what info was possibly leaked. That all takes time and causes stress.

When this happened with the PS3 they took action quickly. They gave their customers free games and a year worth of Life lock or something similar. And a guarantee that if something bad did happen due to their error it would be taken cared of. What is Fun Publications doing?

What really makes it worst is that they seem to want to pass the blame to anyone other then themselves. Then they make it seem like it will all be nothing in the end and everyone will be ok and reimbursed. Which is true to some effect when it comes to some of the bank charges but it is not nothing. Calling these charges in and changing passwords going thru emails to see what info was possibly leaked. That all takes time and causes stress.

When this happened with the PS3 they took action quickly. They gave their customers free games and a year worth of Life lock or something similar. And a guarantee that if something bad did happen due to their error it would be taken cared of. What is Fun Publications doing?

Bl;aming you guys and erasing data so they can keep your money without shipping the items you bought

funpub-100.jpg
To the G.I. Joe and Transformers fan communities and Fun Publications customers, Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and for giving Hasbro the opportunity to respond to a matter that impacts its G.I. Joe and Transformers brands. Please know we take all consumer concerns very seriously and are in regular contact with Fun Publications (our licensee) about the possibility of a breach in security to their online purchasing system for the G.I. Joe and Transformers Collectors' Clubs. Read the Full News Story Here

There are definitely a lot of PR blunders in this breach.

They are not keeping us up-to-date enough of the situation and they are not doing a great job at all in handling this.

There are simply not enough apologies.

This recent statement from Hasbro works further to diminish the impact of this breach, despite the fact that a breach at all is unacceptable. Not storing passwords in hash-form and wide open is a basic security failure and that should never happen.

In other words from Hasbro, this is your own fault go **** yourself and keep buying our product :wtf

Fun pub should have their license pulled for this, everyone knows it was their fault,

Archived