Ongoing Discussions Regarding Transformers Collectors Club Security Breach Thread: Update: Breach Occurred, Cancel Cards, Change Passwords

Overbite

Thanks for posting! Saw this right before I fell asleep last night, so the Tformers office was a little in skeleton mode.

Definitely appreciate all of you insight.

Fun Pub is definitely in a very off situation this year, and you're right - while we usually don't pay much mind to the BotCon TCC panel, it will definitely be an interesting panel that we will be attending so all of the answered questions will be reported.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And FunPub still has the license why, exactly? Let's all not bother to renew, let them know we're tired of the poor management, the price gouging, the inconsistent timing for Botcon (pick a time of the year and stick with it!)

And FunPub still has the license why, exactly? Let's all not bother to renew, let them know we're tired of the poor management, the price gouging, the inconsistent timing for Botcon (pick a time of the year and stick with it!)

Well its a delicate situation, its what I have been arguing with some people on other boards. If we outright drop funpub it will send the totally wrong message to hasbro, it will lead them to believe there is no longer a interest in botcon and a club and there is no longer a need to fund it because it is not profitable. If we are not careful we will end up with another botcon 2004, or worse, HasCon...

What would probably be the best and most effective solution to this problem is to get together and voice our opinion to a Hasbro representative in a well organized and thought out way. Perhaps a petition gathered at the con that could show a higher up hasbro rep that funpub has screwed up and we fans are very unhappy with funpubs attitude, while at the same time saying that we DO still have a interest in botcon and we still do want exclusives and a club.

Hasbro is really the only force that can set funpub strait. Because they hold the rights and THEY HAVE THE POWER!!!!

Well its a delicate situation, its what I have been arguing with some people on other boards. If we outright drop funpub it will send the totally wrong message to hasbro, it will lead them to believe there is no longer a interest in botcon and a club and there is no longer a need to fund it because it is not profitable. If we are not careful we will end up with another botcon 2004, or worse, HasCon...

What would probably be the best and most effective solution to this problem is to get together and voice our opinion to a Hasbro representative in a well organized and thought out way. Perhaps a petition gathered at the con that could show a higher up hasbro rep that funpub has screwed up and we fans are very unhappy with funpubs attitude, while at the same time saying that we DO still have a interest in botcon and we still do want exclusives and a club.

Hasbro is really the only force that can set funpub strait. Because they hold the rights and THEY HAVE THE POWER!!!!

I'd love another OTFCC 2004, honestly. It was the 2nd best time I've had at a TF con. When I went back to Botcon in 2010 it seemed like an overpriced shadow of its former (pre-FunPub) glory. Glen Hallit may not have been the best businessman, but he knew how to do a fun con - FunPub doesn't seem to be good at either.

I'd honestly rather have no Botcon and no club than what we're getting these days.

Ahh the Club. I was sent a renewal earlier this week. Might send it in not sure. Last year they sent my figure to the wrong address. When I called to ask them about it they acted like children. First they blamed me for changing my address over a year ago. Then they Blamed each other then the hung up the line. I am just glad they sent it to the right town.

But I have to agree they need to take the license away from these folks. Or I have a better idea offer the exclusives on hasbro toy shop.com. That way they have control of the number of figures made. This whole running out of figures thing is a joke. Every year they run out of figures. You would think someone at Fanpub would oh I don't Know "ORDER MORE". I hope everyone that goes to Botcon gives them some grief.

Also if I send my payment on the 6th they get it by the ninth. I wonder if they would pull that week thing talked about earlier.

Here's what the latest TFCC email reads!

As we continue to work on our systems, you will see some of our services go offline and then come back, so please be patient as we preserve data and clone servers and websites.

We are also taking this opportunity to remove all non-essential services from our ecomerce server.  So in the short term in the next day or so, the club forums will be discontinued.  It will be several days until we are ready to bring them back under an entierly new piece of software.  I know alot of you have been asking for this so, we have decided to replace several of our systems with new packages.  This means that you will not have access to the forum for a while at all.  We do plan to make the old forum viewable (no posts) in the future.  

Since we do not know exactly what data was taken, we are recommending that if your have used common logins or passwords with our system and any other system that your change your passwords in those systems immidiately (especially any financial sysstems)!  We will be resetting all of the passwords in our system very soon.  Please don't delay in changing your passwords in other locations. 

In addition, we have found a few recent aticles concerning security issues with other vendors. If you use these services, these issues could possibly impact you.  Please read the attached links:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/10/itunes-hack-unauthorized-charges-apple_n_1268593.html?

http://www.greenpois0n.co/itunes-accounts-being-hacked-to-steal-money-from-store-credit.html

Thanks for your support in this difficult time.  We will continue to work with our vendors to correct the issues and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused any of our members.

Brian Savage

From what I've just been reading, its gotten to the point where Fun Publications itself can be held liable for not upgrading their security like they should have done multiple times

Archived