Crave is now closed

Cybcouncil

Got this a few minutes ago:

Crave sold to new owner, current site closing its doors

Hi David,

We're writing to let you know that after almost two years of building up Crave to be the marketplace for fans, by fans, we will be closing the site next month. We were working earlier in February on options to keep the site running, but unfortunately none of those came through, so we've sold the business to a new owner.

Our vision for Crave was to create a social marketplace for fans of anything collectible. We heard your frustrations with eBay and we set out to deliver a better experience. As a member of the Crave community, you played a big part in guiding what we built. Thank you for all of your help and for making it the fun and engaging marketplace we were aiming for. We are sad to see it end and will miss you terribly.

Although the marketplace did not grow fast enough to keep the business going, it has been a rewarding experience for us.

What's next? In the next couple weeks, the current site will be shut down. All sales have already stopped and transactions in process have been completed. The new owners have future plans, so stay tuned. You are welcome to post farewell comments on Facebook or Twitter. You can also email us at support@crave.com. Our new permanent address will be crave.information@gmail.com. We'd love to keep in touch.

All our best,

Erin, Kabe, Cole, Matt, Damon, Laura, and Jonathan

I never used the site.

Got this a few minutes ago:

Crave sold to new owner, current site closing its doors

Hi David,

We're writing to let you know that after almost two years of building up Crave to be the marketplace for fans, by fans, we will be closing the site next month. We were working earlier in February on options to keep the site running, but unfortunately none of those came through, so we've sold the business to a new owner.

Our vision for Crave was to create a social marketplace for fans of anything collectible. We heard your frustrations with eBay and we set out to deliver a better experience. As a member of the Crave community, you played a big part in guiding what we built. Thank you for all of your help and for making it the fun and engaging marketplace we were aiming for. We are sad to see it end and will miss you terribly.

Although the marketplace did not grow fast enough to keep the business going, it has been a rewarding experience for us.

What's next? In the next couple weeks, the current site will be shut down. All sales have already stopped and transactions in process have been completed. The new owners have future plans, so stay tuned. You are welcome to post farewell comments on Facebook or Twitter. You can also email us at support@crave.com. Our new permanent address will be crave.information@gmail.com. We'd love to keep in touch.

All our best,

Erin, Kabe, Cole, Matt, Damon, Laura, and Jonathan

It was definitely a good alternative to eBay and I sold a decent number of products on there. It was fair and worked well. It is unfortunate they couldn't get enough traction quickly enough.

They will be missed.

It really wasn't printer friendly, though their product lines were great and made it easy to keep track of what you have and let you know if there was one for sale that you needed and the prices were decent. I just never bothered buying from anyone on there

I will miss using this site. I enjoyed it and Never had any issues with anything I sold to people. The prices were great and loved that it was a social marketplace. the site was not smartphone friendly and they never developed an app for phones which is why I think it didn't make it. They had a great idea executed it well from the start....will be missed. If you didn't use it you missed out. :(

• 1 year later...

Nope. It is long past gone....I think that they must have a long contract with the website host. I just discovered shelflife.net. Just found that a couple of days ago and it looks to have some promise...:D

Archived