What if hasbro doesn't sell the MP-10 Convoy toy in america, will you buy the exspensive takara version

Shadowpanther

"Useless trailer." :roll Why does everyone always say that? Where's your imagination? Can't you even conceive as to how the trailer might be used? Where's your eyesight? MP-10's trailer is fully detailed on the inside and the closed mode gives Optimus Prime's alt-mode a look that's complete. You folks need to stop giving Hasbro a pass on not released MP Optimus Prime with everything he should come with.

MP Prime, nothin'~ How about Prime in general? I'm buying all the movie Primes with trailers, not only because I like the trailers, but to send Hasbro the message that Optimus needs the rest of his altmode. I'm tired of only getting half of him! I bought the G3 trailer for Classic Optimus (the real MP Prime IMO) but I would have preferred to get a complete neo-G1 Prime from Hasbro.A trailer-less release is fine for those collectors who think a trailer is "useless" or for kids with parents on a budget. But for collectors and especially Prime aficionados like me, a trailer is a must!

all I care about is transforming the actual robot mode back & forth. then putting the toy on a display shelf. For me the trailer is a accessory piece,that I'd either put it in storage or just throw it out.

If Hasbro releases MP-10 Convoy in stores it'll be minus the trailer. Because Hasbro can barely convince one retail store in america to sell these MP toys as a store exclusive at the under $59.99 price. anything added like a trailer would increase the price by almost double & take up double the space on store shelves,thus having stores refuse to carry this item.

Sorry,I'm not a fan of Transformers toys that come with play set accessory pieces.

"Useless trailer." :roll Why does everyone always say that? Where's your imagination? Can't you even conceive as to how the trailer might be used? Where's your eyesight? MP-10's trailer is fully detailed on the inside and the closed mode gives Optimus Prime's alt-mode a look that's complete. You folks need to stop giving Hasbro a pass on not released MP Optimus Prime with everything he should come with.

I think Hasbro should release the whole thing, packaged in truck mode, in a G1 style box, which won't take up as much space as Takara's packaging choice. Even though I have MP-10, I'd still buy something like.

I agree with everything you said.

I'm waiting on two things,which are the takara rumored MP Ultra magnus with trailer/suit of robot armor using the MP-10 toy. hasbro release of the MP-10 toy minus the trailer for under $59.99. With this one,I'm gonna show some patience & wait. In the worst case scenario I wait 8 months more to see what happens.

Botcon 2012,SDCC 2012 & NYCC 2012 is where we'll get our answers regarding a hasbro release of MP-10 convoy or not.

Worst case scenario,I get nothing. because I'm certainly not willing to pay $200 for a MP-10 Convoy. that comes with a useless trailer that only splits in half.

Yes, because a mobile command base/repair bay is useless. The best compromise between a base mode and additional functions (i.e. armor) was PMOP, which probably has the best base mode of any Prime set. But since we're unlikely to ever see a MP Ginrai/PMOP (and a decent one is even less likely considering the track record of the MP line), a complete original Prime is a decent second best. Considering everything this set attempts, if it manages to achieve its goals, the complete one would be worth it. And it'd be the first Takara MP to actually be worth the price.

Just how is the engineering & Q/A on MP10? Is it as bad as Rodimus, or did Takara actually take the time to make sure this one is decent?

I think Hasbro should release the whole thing, packaged in truck mode, in a G1 style box, which won't take up as much space as Takara's packaging choice. Even though I have MP-10, I'd still buy something like.

I agree that Prime should come with a trailer. He's just a 'meh' truck mode without it.

I know there's plenty of play potential from the trailer, but masterpiece figures aren't so much toys as display pieces and I can't justify the extra $100 (or space) for something I'm not even going to display, let alone play with.

For Rodimus, the trailer is justified because it's his 2nd alt mode and the little red wagon of doom turret mode looks quite cool. For Prime, it's an expensive silver platform.

MP Prime, nothin'~ How about Prime in general? I'm buying all the movie Primes with trailers, not only because I like the trailers, but to send Hasbro the message that Optimus needs the rest of his altmode. I'm tired of only getting half of him! I bought the G3 trailer for Classic Optimus (the real MP Prime IMO) but I would have preferred to get a complete neo-G1 Prime from Hasbro.A trailer-less release is fine for those collectors who think a trailer is "useless" or for kids with parents on a budget. But for collectors and especially Prime aficionados like me, a trailer is a must!

:agree

couldn't have said the last part any better myself. i want trailers!

expensive*

I want to get an MP-10 but i was hoping for a price drop. It's been 6 months since the release. i should probably just bite the bullet. i have the space for it now too.

Dont do it! Its really not worth it!

I mentioned it before, and BBTS has one in stock now. Check it out: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=C3465P0001&mode=vintage

I am not blasting BBTS with that one (I do wonder why they call this a vintage toy though) just the toy itself. At one point they had at least 6 of these obvious returns with damage at a little lower price. Mine should have been returned.

Im just saying, I bashed this thing saying it couldnt be worth the money and I bit the bullet and regret it. Even if my trailer hadnt been scratched up it still was not worth $250. There just isnt enough gimmicks that could make it worth it.

Scratches and all, if there is a Hasbro US release, one of them will be sitting in alt mode with the trailer from MP-10 trailer on my shelf. I like trailers.

expensive*

I want to get an MP-10 but i was hoping for a price drop. It's been 6 months since the release. i should probably just bite the bullet. i have the space for it now too.

I mentioned it before, and BBTS has one in stock now. Check it out: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=C3465P0001&mode=vintage

I am not blasting BBTS with that one (I do wonder why they call this a vintage toy though) just the toy itself. At one point they had at least 6 of these obvious returns with damage at a little lower price. Mine should have been returned.

Im just saying, I bashed this thing saying it couldnt be worth the money and I bit the bullet and regret it. Even if my trailer hadnt been scratched up it still was not worth $250. There just isnt enough gimmicks that could make it worth it.

Scratches and all, if there is a Hasbro US release, one of them will be sitting in alt mode with the trailer from MP-10 trailer on my shelf. I like trailers.

I ordered a new one from BBTS and it's just fine.

IMHO,Hasbro loves optimus Prime,he appears to be one of their top 2 favorite TF characters/toys/media persona.

So the chances of Hasbro selling The MP-10 Convoy in america & other countries hasbro distributes to is extremly high.

So,I'm gonna show some patience & wait till november 2012 before I make a decision to to buy MP-10 convoy. if hasbro doesn't release it by november,2012. then I might cave in & get the MP-10 convoy from takara. hopefully by that time the rumored MP Ultra magnus with the car carrier trailer/suit of robotic armor comes out uses the MP-10 Convoy robot/cab mode,then I'll buy MP Ultra magnus instead.

expensive*

Thats good. Getting a broken toy straight out the box sucks. Have you done much with it? I just put prime in bot mode on the shelf and have not played with it at all yet.

Do you think it was worth $250?

Archived