What if hasbro doesn't sell the MP-10 Convoy toy in america, will you buy the exspensive takara version

Shadowpanther

What if hasbro doesn't sell the MP-10 Convoy toy in america, will you buy the exspensive takara version. Were you planning on saving money by getting the hasbro version?

hasbro's been off the ball lately,so whats one more to add to the list. Recap: (1)No DOTM DA-15 Jetwing prime & striker optimus.(2) no final waves of Dotm toys being sold in america. (3)First edition TF Prime line got cancelled by hasbro before the majority got a chance to buy it. (4)The Takara versions of the TF Prime figures come with new mold minicons & remolded minicon connector ports on the bigger toys. (5)it's unknown if we'll get the energon/G-2 colored FOC Bruticus toy or the better colored FOC Bruticus toy featured in the game stop magazine called the game informer. I'm sure Takara is getting the FOC Bruticus toys colored like their 1985 combaticons toys.

Personally,I didn't think the Takara MP-10 Convoy wasn't worth $200. I was only willing to pay the cheap USA Hasbro prices for it,which would cost under $59.99.

I just didn't want to pay $100 more for a trailer that just splits open in half. I need the trailer to form battle armor pieces for the robot mode to wear. Example: The rumored MP Ultra magnus toy that uses the MP-10 robot but comes with a trailer that forms a suit of armor.

Sadly with all the things Hasbro is passing on & cancelling. I'm wondering if hasbro will pass or not on the MP-10 USA release.

I guess,all will be revealed at Botcon 2012. As Botcon does show newer TF Proto types/test shots & TF store exclusives.

I'm hoping walmart in america gets the MP-10 as a store exclusives. because walmart has sales & clearances. also walmarts are more closer to me to travel to. I dis-like TRU TF store exclusives because the toys never go on sale,never get clearanced,the stores are too far to travel to,TRU orders very low volume units of the TF store exclusives.

I don't see why everyone's saying that hasbro won't release mp-10. Of course it won't have the trailer, but considering that they've released all of the molds except megatron so far, why not? Plus, it's Optimus Prime. When has hasbro NOT tried to push out yet another prime or bumblebee in the last 6 years?

Personally, I'm hoping for a $70-80 prime because there's no way I'm spending $250 for a trailer that I'm never gonna use and just keep in a closet.

I agree with everything you said.

I'm waiting on two things,which are the takara rumored MP Ultra magnus with trailer/suit of robot armor using the MP-10 toy. hasbro release of the MP-10 toy minus the trailer for under $59.99. With this one,I'm gonna show some patience & wait. In the worst case scenario I wait 8 months more to see what happens.

Botcon 2012,SDCC 2012 & NYCC 2012 is where we'll get our answers regarding a hasbro release of MP-10 convoy or not.

Worst case scenario,I get nothing. because I'm certainly not willing to pay $200 for a MP-10 Convoy. that comes with a useless trailer that only splits in half.

I don't see why everyone's saying that hasbro won't release mp-10. Of course it won't have the trailer, but considering that they've released all of the molds except megatron so far, why not? Plus, it's Optimus Prime. When has hasbro NOT tried to push out yet another prime or bumblebee in the last 6 years?

Personally, I'm hoping for a $70-80 prime because there's no way I'm spending $250 for a trailer that I'm never gonna use and just keep in a closet.

"Useless trailer." :roll Why does everyone always say that? Where's your imagination? Can't you even conceive as to how the trailer might be used? Where's your eyesight? MP-10's trailer is fully detailed on the inside and the closed mode gives Optimus Prime's alt-mode a look that's complete. You folks need to stop giving Hasbro a pass on not released MP Optimus Prime with everything he should come with.

I think Hasbro should release the whole thing, packaged in truck mode, in a G1 style box, which won't take up as much space as Takara's packaging choice. Even though I have MP-10, I'd still buy something like.

I agree with everything you said.

I'm waiting on two things,which are the takara rumored MP Ultra magnus with trailer/suit of robot armor using the MP-10 toy. hasbro release of the MP-10 toy minus the trailer for under $59.99. With this one,I'm gonna show some patience & wait. In the worst case scenario I wait 8 months more to see what happens.

Botcon 2012,SDCC 2012 & NYCC 2012 is where we'll get our answers regarding a hasbro release of MP-10 convoy or not.

Worst case scenario,I get nothing. because I'm certainly not willing to pay $200 for a MP-10 Convoy. that comes with a useless trailer that only splits in half.

Yes, because a mobile command base/repair bay is useless. The best compromise between a base mode and additional functions (i.e. armor) was PMOP, which probably has the best base mode of any Prime set. But since we're unlikely to ever see a MP Ginrai/PMOP (and a decent one is even less likely considering the track record of the MP line), a complete original Prime is a decent second best. Considering everything this set attempts, if it manages to achieve its goals, the complete one would be worth it. And it'd be the first Takara MP to actually be worth the price.

Just how is the engineering & Q/A on MP10? Is it as bad as Rodimus, or did Takara actually take the time to make sure this one is decent?

"Useless trailer." :roll Why does everyone always say that? Where's your imagination? Can't you even conceive as to how the trailer might be used? Where's your eyesight? MP-10's trailer is fully detailed on the inside and the closed mode gives Optimus Prime's alt-mode a look that's complete. You folks need to stop giving Hasbro a pass on not released MP Optimus Prime with everything he should come with.

I think Hasbro should release the whole thing, packaged in truck mode, in a G1 style box, which won't take up as much space as Takara's packaging choice. Even though I have MP-10, I'd still buy something like.

I agree that Prime should come with a trailer. He's just a 'meh' truck mode without it.

I know there's plenty of play potential from the trailer, but masterpiece figures aren't so much toys as display pieces and I can't justify the extra $100 (or space) for something I'm not even going to display, let alone play with.

For Rodimus, the trailer is justified because it's his 2nd alt mode and the little red wagon of doom turret mode looks quite cool. For Prime, it's an expensive silver platform.

Archived