NOMINATIONS TALLIED! See first post for more! Nominate your Favorite Character to Induct into 2012 Transformers Hall of Fame!

Peter_Van

Voting in the Hall of Fame tends to be slanted towards characters who originated in G1 and, to a lesser extent, Beast Wars, so if a character who started in another franchise appears in sufficient votes to appear in a site's top five, that indicates to me that there's some popular support for that character out there. In Hot Shot's case he was a major part of Armada and Cybertron, and I'm sure he's well remembered by people.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to the Hotshot persona/character. Hotshot was a fan favorite during the AEC cartoon/toy lines. hotshot in AEC,was extremly popular back then like bumblebee is extremly popular now.

In addition to the Hotshot character/toy being popular in the AEC universe. the Hotshot character started off being popular in the 2002 Rid cartoon series as a spychanger. then Hotshot received a cameo cartoon appearance in the animated cartoon series in season 3. then hotshot received another new mold toy in the classics 2.0 toy line. had animated been given a season four,we would have received a toy of hotshot as it was planned.

Hasbro has this thing for YELLOW,They love the color. Starting with beastwars,their's been a yellow colored TF character dominating the various TF cartoons/toy lines. It started with Cheetor,then moved on to hotshot,now the spotlight is on bumblebee.

Why am I seeing Hot Shot?

I mean damn! Hot Shot? Really?

One person voted hot crap shot and he makes the tally? yet Grimlock wasn't in the tally and he got voted twice? If hot crap shot gets in the HOF, then I would have lost all faith in the idea that Hasbro respects Transformers

and who voted bulkhead? :wat

One person voted hot crap shot and he makes the tally? yet Grimlock wasn't in the tally and he got voted twice? If hot crap shot gets in the HOF, then I would have lost all faith in the idea that Hasbro respects Transformers

People voted here in this thread AND on the facebook page.

The Yellow kid-friendly 'bot thing started in G1...with Bumblebee... Not in Beast Wars with Cheetor

To be fair to the Hotshot persona/character. Hotshot was a fan favorite during the AEC cartoon/toy lines. hotshot in AEC,was extremly popular back then like bumblebee is extremly popular now.

In addition to the Hotshot character/toy being popular in the AEC universe. the Hotshot character started off being popular in the 2002 Rid cartoon series as a spychanger. then Hotshot received a cameo cartoon appearance in the animated cartoon series in season 3. then hotshot received another new mold toy in the classics 2.0 toy line. had animated been given a season four,we would have received a toy of hotshot as it was planned.

Hasbro has this thing for YELLOW,They love the color. Starting with beastwars,their's been a yellow colored TF character dominating the various TF cartoons/toy lines. It started with Cheetor,then moved on to hotshot,now the spotlight is on bumblebee.

Why am I seeing Hot Shot?

I mean damn! Hot Shot? Really?

People voted here in this thread AND on the facebook page.

It absolutely didn't start with Cheetor. It started with G1 Bumblebee. Who was Daniel's best lil buddy? It was Bumblebee before it was Arcee. Then Cheetor and Bumblebee again. Hot Shot doesn't qualify because he's a horrible character, and one of the most reviled characters of all time. He's on that list with G1 Wheelie and I'd rather have Wheelie over him.

Bumblebee was Spike's (or Buster's depending on whether you read the comics or watched the cartoon) bestbuddy in G1, Wheelie was Daniel's bestbuddy. And while Hotshot was absolutely despised in most Western Countries, he (somehow) garnered a fan following with the 5 year old's in many asian countries that the AEC cartoon's were aimed at

We have our final Transformers Hall of Fame Tally! We have ties down the board! We sent them to Hasbro and they will tally! Here they are!

1) Rodimus Prime

2) Devastator

3) BW Megatron

3) Omega Supreme

3) Prowl

3) Rattrap

3) Wheeljack

4) Arcee

4) Bulkhead

4) Ultra Magnus

4) Unicron

5) Cyclonus

5) Galvatron

5) Hot Shot

Calling it now. Rattrap, since he's a BW character voiced by Scott McNeil, just like the last 2 fan choice winners..

I'm voting for Magnus, personally

I've looked around the other sites submitting votes and it looks like the five characters who did the best were Beast Wars Megatron, Wheeljack, Arcee, Swindle and Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. We'll see when Hasbro posts their poll anyway.

Well Rodimus Prime will end up getting my vote for the final if Hasbro puts him in the final poll. Arcee would get a sympathy vote since she never got a toy.

Archived