Transformers Bot shots

dcj91x

So I got to TRU this weekend and discovered that they had gotten one case of these in and bought one of each of the 5 figures that were out. Overall I like them. The Head sculps are the best thing about the figures by far and the auto transformations are nice.

Umm, well for those who don't know, hasbro has created a line of mini transformers to compete with all the other mini figures that are out there right now like bakugon and the squinkis and so on. What they are are mini TF figures that when crashed into each other auto transform to reveal a pre-chosen symbol. a blaster, fist or saber. It works like paper, rock sissors. Blaster beats fist, fist beats sword, sword beats blaster and each one has a number value in case of a tie. (There are a fe other rules as well)

The first set only has 5 figures. Optimus, Sentinel, Bumble bee, Starscream and Barricade which are a cross between the G1 and modern versions of the figures but in bubble forms. They look pretty nice but I have a few issues with them.

Before you transform them into vehicle mode you chose the symbole you want to use. IMO the symbole dile shold have been set up to spin on it's own and automatically stop to make what it landed on more random and thus add a more playable element to the game its self. The second issue I have is that no where on any of the figures I have is there a symbol indicating if the figure is an autobot or decepticon. Now I know we all kow which they are but this seems like a huge oversight in my opinion. How can you have a figure without any faction markings at all? Has anyone gotten figures with faction markings?

Over all though the figures are nice with a few transformation issues, sometimes being overly sensitive and having the other to issues i mentioned above for me. But at a price of $4.99 I thik they are worth getting.

What do you all think about Bot Shots?

I like them. My biggest issue is the R/P/S dial. Since it's manually set, I think it'd been better if they had used a four sided dial, with the fourth side being used with some deco to fill in the torso for display/general play purposes, instead of game purposes. They could of even wrote into the game that whoever uses 'robot chest' automatically loses, to keep from people attempting it in games.

Archived