Shmax.com site status and discussion

Tripredacus

If you go into the figure detail, you'll see where that price comes from. About a year ago, the (then) broken Shmax price valuation system found on ebay that one was selling for or sold for that price. However, the price valuation is also automated, so there is no telling whether or not it found the exact thing (MIB Highbrow) instead it may have been part of a lot where an MIB Highbrow was featured. Also in this case (I didn't look up your other examples) the pricing history is out of date and hasn't refreshed.

I seem to recall that a new system was being worked on or was implemented recently. Either way, sicne Shmax isn't down, you should bring all website problem reports to their support forum. For example, there is already a topic about the valuation problems.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shmax's pricing is kind of crazy. It's saying a boxed(not sealed) Highbrow is worth as much as a box Scorponok.... They have an opened Mixmaster at $150 and a opened Kreo OP (the SMALL one!) at $150 as well. Crazyness!

That was sort of a quirk of our matching algorithm. I've gone in and manually tuned the search parameters for those listings, and they're all back to normal. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, but the next time you find something odd like that, why not report it in our own forums?

The only thing I do not like about Shmax is how you go through and click on the ones you have, I like how Transformerland has theirs set up. that would make it easier as far as I am concerned. Though I do have to applaud Shmax for how indepth they go with everything

Shmax's pricing is kind of crazy. It's saying a boxed(not sealed) Highbrow is worth as much as a box Scorponok.... They have an opened Mixmaster at $150 and a opened Kreo OP (the SMALL one!) at $150 as well. Crazyness!

That was sort of a quirk of our matching algorithm. I've gone in and manually tuned the search parameters for those listings, and they're all back to normal. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, but the next time you find something odd like that, why not report it in our own forums?

didn't know there was one. I still love the site and will continue using it. I'll post on the site's forums next time i see some weird stuff!

didn't know there was one. I still love the site and will continue using it. I'll post on the site's forums next time i see some weird stuff!

And you've been a member since September! Hmm, maybe people aren't noticing the "Forums" link. That would explain all the tumbleweeds and crickets we usually have in there. Well, thanks for the feedback.

And you've been a member since September! Hmm, maybe people aren't noticing the "Forums" link. That would explain all the tumbleweeds and crickets we usually have in there. Well, thanks for the feedback.

it's bright as day right there now that you mention it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't report problems like that to Shmax because the owner takes offense to stuff like that. He's so worried about perfection that he can't take criticism.

i read through the thread that someone else posted on here about the same issue and it didn't seem like the site owner got offended at all.

Talk to him personally. Your view will change. Strange thing he contacted me to ask what I thought of the site. When I told him it was difficult to navigate through he got all flustered.

Archived