Animated Leader sized Megatron,I think is the best Vechicle/bot megatron toy ever made,anyone else agree or dis-agree?

Shadowpanther

Animated Leader sized Megatron,I think is the best Vechicle/bot megatron toy ever made,anyone else agree or dis-agree?

What do you think the best vechicle/bot megatron toy is? please state reason why behind your choice.

The reason "WHY",I think Animated leader sized megatron is the best vechicle/bot Megatron toy is as follows:

(1) Thus far it's the only vechicle/bot megatron toy to get the 1984 cartoon/toy colors the most homaged & accurate.

(2)I like how the toy is a homage based off the 1991 battle stars/return of convoy,Super megatron art toy catalog/comic art designs.

(3)I like how the designers borrowed so many designs from 1984 cartoon/toy megatron. like the robot head & inner face sculpt,the robot chest & abdomen.

(4)I like the over all design in both modes,the designers/artist did a top notch job creating both modes. the robot mode did a excellent job of mixing sleek with bulky.

(5)I love it when the hasbro/Takara designers mix previous megatron designs & put it into a newer design. Animated leader sized megatron looks like it shares some designs with energon leader sized megatron,1984 megatron,1991 battle stars,super megatron.

(6)The toy has a lot of cool & powerful weapons. I like how the fusion canon looks like 1984 megatron's.

(7)I love the leader size class & this animated leader sized megatron is a awesome addition to it.

(8)The toy is extremly poseable & no articulation is missing.

(9)The transformation is medium,not too simplex,not too overly complex. it's a fun pleasant transformation.

(10)None of the gimmicks ruin the toy nor get in the way. the light up chest insignia is cool as it makes the robot mouth move & talk. the copter blades transforming into two dual swords is pure awesome.

i disagree with you...why you ask?

1. the vehicle mode is basically him lying on his belly...

2. the cockpit on his back takes up to much room

3. his knobby knees

now dont get me wrong...its a great toy....i love it...but the best...nah...there are better...

Energon Leader class Megatron is my favorite Leader class Megatron toy..reasons..sure..

1. hes got great size, hes pretty imposing

2. great articulation

3. i enjoy his vehicle mode

4. he takes alot of design cues from G1 Galvatron..

5. He's voiced my Freakin David Kaye on the show..

6. I like how his vehicle form is something totally new...not a gun...not a tank....im one of those people that doesnt care if Megs is a gun or not...tank or not..

7. His gimmicks are short and to the point...pop out wings...tank gun/sword...nothing to obtrusive.

I loved Animated and leader Megs was sort of a jackpot for me when I finally got one. I love that figure and its one of the few Animated figures I still have left. That being said, it's not my favorite.

The first BW Megatron has a lot of nostalgia going for it but otherwise also not my favorite. Characterwise he is my favorite Megatron though.

ROTF Voyager Megatron is probably my favorite figure from that line. At first I hated him but when I actually got one, my mind instantly changed. The thing is loads of fun.

War For Cybertron has to be my Megs. Articulation, paint apps, etc. The only complain I would have about him is the size. Just wish he were a bit bigger.

1-but energon Megatron also lays on his stomach in vechicle mode.

2- but energon megatron has the same exact problems as animated megatron as you listed. both have the huge cockpit & wings on their robot mode backs.

3-mine doesn't have knobby knees. the knees are tight & blend in well with the legs. energon megatron clearly has those huge knee caps that are knobby.

4-Energon megatron lacks key poseabilty as most internet TF fans are always complaining about. like as follows: no rotate 360 degrees swivel joints in the legs. no wrist joints. no waist joint. Animated leader sized megatron is much more poseable/articlated than energon leader sized megatron.

5-voice actors has nothing to do with this thread. where comparing the toys & not cross comparing them with the media.

6-IMHO,Being a Jet/Bot for Megatron is not something totally new. Megatron was already a Jet/Bot in the 1997 Beastmachines toy line,the cancelled G-2 Megatron+starscream stealth bomber & others I'm sure i missed. Being a helicopter/bot is something new for megatron it was never done before when animated did it in 2008.

3. his knobby knees

now dont get me wrong...its a great toy....i love it...but the best...nah...there are better...

Energon Leader class Megatron is my favorite Leader class Megatron toy..reasons..sure..

2. great articulation

6. I like how his vehicle form is something totally new...not a gun...not a tank....im one of those people that doesnt care if Megs is a gun or not...tank or not..

7. His gimmicks are short and to the point...pop out wings...tank gun/sword...nothing to obtrusive.

1-but energon Megatron also lays on his stomach in vechicle mode.

2- but energon megatron has the same exact problems as animated megatron as you listed. both have the huge cockpit & wings on their robot mode backs.

3-mine doesn't have knobby knees. the knees are tight & blend in well with the legs. energon megatron clearly has those huge knee caps that are knobby.

4-Energon megatron lacks key poseabilty as most internet TF fans are always complaining about. like as follows: no rotate 360 degrees swivel joints in the legs. no wrist joints. no waist joint. Animated leader sized megatron is much more poseable/articlated than energon leader sized megatron.

5-voice actors has nothing to do with this thread. where comparing the toys & not cross comparing them with the media.

6-IMHO,Being a Jet/Bot for Megatron is not something totally new. Megatron was already a Jet/Bot in the 1997 Beastmachines toy line,the cancelled G-2 Megatron+starscream stealth bomber & others I'm sure i missed. Being a helicopter/bot is something new for megatron it was never done before when animated did it in 2008.

3. his knobby knees

2. great articulation

I love both of the Megatrons mentioned, but for me both have a different issue that prevents them from being "perfect". Energon Megatron- I thought the tank/arm cannon was a dumb idea. I just think it looks to bulky and weird sitting on his arm. They may have explained why he had a tank sitting on his arm in the animated series, but I never watched it to see why. Everything else about him is pretty awesome. Noisemaze75 pretty much summed up those reasons above.

Animated Megatron- My figure's legs tend to buckle inwards at the knees and it appears to be just the way it was designed for it's transformation. So, it's a little hard to pose him without looking like he's doing the "pee pee dance". Other than that, he's a pretty slick figure. Maybe could of benefited from a little more detailing, but I think that's due to the Animated asthetic. Just my two cents....

You should both pick up the new Voyager RID Megatron. He's quite awesome. Very imposing looking and on scale next to the deluxes, and I even love his freaky cybertron fighter alt mode. Definitely worth picking up.

Archived