Tiny Prime

WereFox2009

I have been following PRIME every chance that I get, and when I saw the figures, even the new ones, I have to say I was pleased... Then I got a call from a buddy at Toys R Us and was thrilled to find out that the figures were in stock... Then I saw them... Dear lord they are tiny!!!!! Cliffjumper in his vehicle form is about the size of a Energon Scout class figure... I was heart broken... Then I got pissed. $14.99 for a scout sized figure??!! WTF!!! and the paint jobs are horrible!!! Sound wave only had two colors and CliffJumper wasn't even painted, he had flat red and flat silver with flat black... Screw you Hasbro!

Seriously? You're getting this mad at something meant for children?

Soundwave transforms into a drone. He doesn't need that many paint apps. Do you want him to look like G2 Hooligan?(Yes please! I'll buy that repaint!) He's also a bundle of awesome. Don't regret paying the $15 for him one bit.

As for getting mad at Hasbro for the $14.99 pricetag? Let's be fair to Hasbro there. That's all TRU's doing, as they have the earliest stock. Once other shops start getting the line in, the price will (hopefully) come down.

They are 14.99 because TRU got a 3 week exclusivity to sell the figures early. As such they jacked up the price appropriately, they did the same thing with Animated figures that they got the exclusive rights to. This is just TRU's inner KBToys at work. Its your own fault if your sheepish enough to buy them early, because they will be the standard MSRP of 9.99-12.99 March 1st onward. *probably earlier depending when other retailers start getting stock*

As for sizing, it should not be nothing new. DOTM figures were a similar size, this is just a case of hasbro having to offset raising costs of production and distribution, and it will be this way until people are more willing to pay more for better products. *See the marvel legends line for a good example of this*

I also hate to be that guy, but the recent need to up safety and pay of the workers in china has contributed to this as well.

Basically to sum it up, to keep your toys as the $10 price point in a unstable economy with raising costs of production, things have to be sacrificed, such as figure scale, complexity, and quality control. So until your willing to pay $15.00-20.00 for a dlx figure at walmart of all places. You will just have to live with lackluster paint apps and scaled down figures.

To be brutally fair & honest,Toys R us,is the most EXSPENSIVE store in america to buy new mold TF toys.

To add further coal to the fire. TRU stores in america raise & lower their prices based on the area,the income of the buyers in the,the race,gender in the area. the property tax & amount of money they have to pay for that TRU store in that area. the high or low traffic of buyers in that area & the list goes on.

When the DOTM toys first came out,TRU stores was the most exspensive to buy new mold DOTM toys in America.

This is why I hate it when TRU stores get TF store exclusive that I want. because they over charge,never reduce them,the employyees are scalpers,the employees hide stuff in the back stock room. The TRU stores don't get that many exclusives in decent volume.etc....

This is why,I buy all my new mold TF toys at walmart,target & sometimes K-Mart when they have those really decent sales. Kohl's is another decent store when the sales are decent.

Obviously it goes without saying. that the most exspensive places to buy new mold TF toys are the USA Retail drug stores. like rite aid,CVS,Walgreens,etc...

Seriously? You're getting this mad at something meant for children?

Soundwave transforms into a drone. He doesn't need that many paint apps. Do you want him to look like G2 Hooligan?(Yes please! I'll buy that repaint!) He's also a bundle of awesome. Don't regret paying the $15 for him one bit.

As for getting mad at Hasbro for the $14.99 pricetag? Let's be fair to Hasbro there. That's all TRU's doing, as they have the earliest stock. Once other shops start getting the line in, the price will (hopefully) come down.

They are 14.99 because TRU got a 3 week exclusivity to sell the figures early. As such they jacked up the price appropriately, they did the same thing with Animated figures that they got the exclusive rights to. This is just TRU's inner KBToys at work. Its your own fault if your sheepish enough to buy them early, because they will be the standard MSRP of 9.99-12.99 March 1st onward. *probably earlier depending when other retailers start getting stock*

As for sizing, it should not be nothing new. DOTM figures were a similar size, this is just a case of hasbro having to offset raising costs of production and distribution, and it will be this way until people are more willing to pay more for better products. *See the marvel legends line for a good example of this*

I also hate to be that guy, but the recent need to up safety and pay of the workers in china has contributed to this as well.

Basically to sum it up, to keep your toys as the $10 price point in a unstable economy with raising costs of production, things have to be sacrificed, such as figure scale, complexity, and quality control. So until your willing to pay $15.00-20.00 for a dlx figure at walmart of all places. You will just have to live with lackluster paint apps and scaled down figures.

$11.99 at Target picked up Soundwave and Wheeljack. My only complaint about Soundwave is he would have been better served as a Voyager then deluxe

Archived