Michael Bay Announces He Will Return for Transformers 4, Pegs Release Date on June 29, 2014

Peter_Van

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's funny how a toy line/brand based on characters needing to change and adapt gets shit on by fans who hate change....

you can't please everyone.

It's more like G1 is unfinished business.

hopefully Generations will redo a lot more G1 figures to start putting hardcore G1 fans to rest. I love G1 like the rest of us but man, when do it get to a point of beating a dead horse?

I'm completely open for other TF lines. I might be a G1 fan, but I'm not hardlined by any means. I liked Animated and currently dig Prime. I'm just sick of Bayverse. Let it die already...

I agree.

I loved every single Newer TF cartoon series from 1984 thru 2012. I welcome change,as long as it's good change.

Sorry,I just don't like the movie verse. the the main stars had less talent & less resumes than the non-stars. the robots only spoke a few words of dialogue. all the movies were over crowded with humans.the human cast were too large. I don't enjoy a TF movie from a human's point of view. I didn't enjoy a shia/sam life lesson story in every TF mnovie getting mixed in with a TF story in every movie. shia,i loathe his poor acting skills. I don't enjoy a all ages TF movie,either make it serious or make it toddler,just don't mix the two. the bathroom jokes were tasteless & over the top & the list goes on.

it's funny how a toy line/brand based on characters needing to change and adapt gets shit on by fans who hate change....

It's more like G1 is unfinished business.

hopefully Generations will redo a lot more G1 figures to start putting hardcore G1 fans to rest. I love G1 like the rest of us but man, when do it get to a point of beating a dead horse?

About 6 years ago.

I also buy a fair share of Generations, so maybe that refreshing dead horse smell brings out something in people.

The Hardcore G1 fans wont go away until they die. Forget the whole "G1 was first" thing. You won't ever see it go away until the kids who grew up with series that come later replace us after were dead. Until then, we are the dominant subfaction of fans. But even then G1 will be better, but none of those grown up kids will know why :)

QFTW

I hoped we had got rid of bayformers. My gripes have always remained the humans get the story and the transformers are fillers.

That and the transformers look really bad and have all the personality of a dishcloth. I love ironhide, bay could of made a joke about his time to die and he goes not today and comes out on top. But became cliche.

I always hated how little emotion, interaction and anti climactic the encounters are.

Rotf was bad but dotm was a train wreck to me.

It's funny, a few months ago, on the Hasbro TF facebook. They were pushing Kre-o and somebody spoke out wondering why they keep pushing BB instead of the 'original yellow Autobot, Hotshot' . At first I was like wtf, but then I was all like lol. Because check it out, there is folks who are basically unaware of G1 and just don't care. Its kinda refreshing to see somebody not GGEEEWWWUUUNNNNN all over the place. Myself included.

well you have to imagine every few years, there will be new fans to the fandom and they all have their own media to bring them in. G1er's are just coming off as elitist's who don't care about anyone else. It's actually starting to make me sick. I love G1 just like them, but i appreciate change over time. looking at the same thing for 25 years must get boring right?

I love G1 but I'm far from an elitist. BW was my favorite (event thought technically its in G1 continuity). Follow that up with Animated.

For the record: I don't like the Movies or Prime because they aren't G1. I don't like them for many reasons but thats not one of them.

Archived