Michael Bay Announces He Will Return for Transformers 4, Pegs Release Date on June 29, 2014

Peter_Van

You know, I think would rather have the movies be 100% original. By that I mean that they don't try in any way to please adult Transformers fans. Look at the crap we got when they did just that. Who hell gives a shit about The Fallen? Why include Shockwave when he's just going to stand there while his drilling machine does all the work? Who needs Optimus Prime to spout a hollow statement just because it was in Transformers the Movie? I don't need any of that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Devastator only climbing a pyramid and getting his head blown off by the suddenly-existent military cannon.....You know, instead of an epic showdown with the Autobots

Honestly, no matter what they do, somebody will complain. Either way, I hope I like the new one. So far I've been happy with them, despite their faults (specially RotF).

They need to go into the future like what PuertoRicon said. and have Rodimus Prime VS Galvatron

I've been saying this since about 2 seconds after DOTM came out and the forums were filled with comments about how there couldn't possibly be a fourth movie because all the 'Cons were dead. Pft! Hardly! A G1 season 2 to 3-style transition makes alot of sense here, and would make it easier to pull off a soft reboot.

It doesn't matter though. In another month or two a "leaked" TF4 script will pop up on the interwebs, half of the TFans will love it, half will hate it, it will turn out to have nothing to do with the actual movie, and the only thing we'll be able to count on is 2 1/2 years of bitching instead of 1 1/2 due to the 2014 release date, followed by the movie premiere, immediately followed by more bitching.

Can't wait....

It's funny, a few months ago, on the Hasbro TF facebook. They were pushing Kre-o and somebody spoke out wondering why they keep pushing BB instead of the 'original yellow Autobot, Hotshot' . At first I was like wtf, but then I was all like lol. Because check it out, there is folks who are basically unaware of G1 and just don't care. Its kinda refreshing to see somebody not GGEEEWWWUUUNNNNN all over the place. Myself included.

On the other side of that, my 7 year old, (whose first TF show was Animated, which we both love) is developing an appeciation for G1 due to it being on the HUB so often. He's open to all versions of Transformers (although it blew his mind when I introduced him to Beast Wars recently) but I can see a second generation of G1 "elitists" developing this way.

Over the years, I've come to appreciate the diversity of Transformers design. Certainly, I have my favorites, and then those that I care little for; nonetheless, I acknowledge that ANY edition has placed another rung on the evolution of this toy line. Similarly, we've seen many different iterations of the toons...this is where more criticism comes into play, and rightly so, b/c it's not just about design anymore, it's about storytelling...and that brings us to the movies. While I give credence to the designers, and aside from that aspect of it, these exercises in visual/audible stimuli are little more than that & have left a lot to be desired in the department of film, specifically acting and dialogue, but moreover, storytelling. Sure, that's got a lot to do with the scripts...but Michael Bay's notoriety only compounds the problematic elements of the live-action movies. I gave the third a shot, and although it wasn't quite as disjointed as the second, it still left that same stale taste in my mouth that no amount of CGI will cover up. Obviously 'it's just a toy line', but if this is meant to serve as the bread & butter of what Transformers has become, then we should expect (or demand) something more compelling than some hacked up script with familiar elements all mixed in a blender to produce some foreign story about giant f'n robots...I'm finding Orci/Kurtzman/Kruger writing, as well as Bay's directing, incapable of delivering that (and after three movies, irrespective of how much moolah they've raked in, we should all be able to admit that). I was really hoping we'd see a reboot with new cast, new director, new producers, new VISION, the whole enchilada...but instead, I continue to expect the status quo of thoughtless, mind-numbing Hollywood entertainment. :shrug

It doesn't matter though. In another month or two a "leaked" TF4 script will pop up on the interwebs, half of the TFans will love it, half will hate it, it will turn out to have nothing to do with the actual movie, and the only thing we'll be able to count on is 2 1/2 years of bitching instead of 1 1/2 due to the 2014 release date, followed by the movie premiere, immediately followed by more bitching.

Can't wait....

I'm going to have to start closing myself off again to avoid spoilers :)

Yeah, you and me both buddy! I may just avoid movie-related threads altogether this time around.

Probably for the best! Avoid at all costs. Unfortunately, as a news reporter, I spoil myself rotten.

But I hate getting spoiled when it comes to other films.

Personally,I suspose,I won't mind MORE TF live movies with accompying toy lines if their spaced 3+years apart from each film.

I won't mind TF4 because,it's 3 years away from when TF3 got launched in theathres/toy shelves.

having TF Live action movies with movie toy lines 3 years apart from the previous movie. gives other TF toy lines like generations & TF Prime basically 2 to 3 years time to create & release toys in stores.

having live action TF movie 2 years apart from the previous TF movies is awful. because this gets in the way of new generations & TF Prime/whatever toys from getting created & released.

Now,ALL,I need to be a happy camper,is the official confirmation news that shia le bouf,his family & friends are not in TF4 & are out of TF5,TF6,TF7,TF8 & Beyond.

I think it would be cool to have megan fox & carly in TF4 without sam/shia. maybe in a cool twist,mikia & carly could be dating,fall in love & get married,maybe they'll adopt a baby boy & name it daniel.

I think it would be cool to have megan fox & carly in TF4 without sam/shia. maybe in a cool twist,mikia & carly could be dating,fall in love & get married,maybe they'll adopt a baby boy & name it daniel.

...That was a joke, right?

Archived