Michael Bay Announces He Will Return for Transformers 4, Pegs Release Date on June 29, 2014

Peter_Van

Man, these movies that make more money than any other iteration of Transformers are going to ruin Transformers FOREVER.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm, but it's hard to tell sometimes on the 'net. Anywho, I third (or fourth?)what PuertoRiCon said. Set it in the future with the next generation of Transformers. They could even have a decendent of Sam (Daniel perhaps?) be the new "focus" human character. Hot Rod could be the new Bumblebee and at some point in the new movie or trilogy, make him into Rodimus Prime. I'd pay to see that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just die.

Seriously, keep driving the brand into the ground with Bayformers and see what happens. We'll enter another dark age and it's already hittin recession.

Can't wait for the hundreds of new Bumblebees and late-in-the-line cancellation of stuff worth buying.

I agree..........

Micheal bay gave a update yesterday,promising they'd be some sort of re-imaging or mild reboot. But personally this seemed like hocus pocus & just seemed like throwing coal on a hot fire.

Personally,If shia le bouf returns,then the TF4 movie is doomed. because then shia's/sams family & friends will also return.

My wild card guess is the re-imaging or mild reboot will take away all the really great actors with huge resumes & actual acting skills,like getting rid of josh duhamel,all of the army guys,john turturro,john voight.

Personally were never gonna get the reboot or reimaging were dreaming about getting in TF4. A true reboot or reimaging is what IDW does every year for their on-going TF comics.

The only way a reboot or reimaging would work to make TF fans happy is the following scenarios: (1)have TF4 set in the distant future like 50 years from now. so shia/sam,his friends & family are long gone & in heaven. have rodimus prime & galvatron as the faction leaders. with cyclonus,scourge,ultra magnus,blurr,blitzwing,astrotrain,springer,broadside,predaking,dinoking. forget about the TF origins & characters set up in the first 3 movies & create new origins,radically different robot characters & different human characters. sort of like what IDW did when they took over from dreamwave for the TF comic liscense.

Good arguements! 'd love to see that but more than 50 years into the future. Maybe 200 years into the future?

Man, these movies that make more money than any other iteration of Transformers are going to ruin Transformers FOREVER.

Yeah, they'll never have any other iterations again, like different TV series, different games, different toys... oh, wait a minute...

You mean there just might be alternatives for those who dislike the movies? Somebody front page that!

Yeah, they'll never have any other iterations again, like different TV series, different games, different toys... oh, wait a minute...

You mean there just might be alternatives for those who dislike the movies? Somebody front page that!

ha. awesome. I'd like them to keep Optimus Prime in the movie though. I fear what would happen with out OP. even if he had a smaller role, like hanging out on Cybertron getting shit up there back on track while Hot Rod was out galavanting the universe.

If there were alternatives, though, we'd have to post in every thread about them and thoroughly bash them if we don't like them. We'd have to let everyone know that their opinions don't matter and that those other TFs are a stain to all mankind!

Except Generations, those are the never question and praise line!

I don't care one way or another about Transformer movies continuing to be made or what setting. I care about the aesthetic of the toys. If the designs continue to be organic then I am done with the franchise. I see no point in collecting other toylines because the movie and its toys always disrupt the shows and other TF lines.

i think a lot of the arguments from the uber-anti-movie crowd were due to how they wanted a movie done more traditionally and since this wasn't that style, they felt "cheated". i have my own blatant gripes about the franchise, but i still enjoyed the movies in general. I was worried that the movies would disrupt all future TF incarnations with Hasbro's intent to make things always movie-like from then on. But then Animated came out with everything looking uber G1, then Prime came out with a fair balance between traditional and movie style. So I guess Hasbro isn't jumping into all-bay-all-the-time.

I don't want to see the movies go away, but I really would like to see someone else take their shot at them and replace Bay. You can't go after the anti movie crowd for their complaining about change if you're gonna get angry about people wanting a reboot. after all, that's also change right?

As for alternatives, they really are hard to come by during movie years.

i think a lot of the arguments from the uber-anti-movie crowd were due to how they wanted a movie done more traditionally and since this wasn't that style, they felt "cheated". i have my own blatant gripes about the franchise, but i still enjoyed the movies in general. I was worried that the movies would disrupt all future TF incarnations with Hasbro's intent to make things always movie-like from then on. But then Animated came out with everything looking uber G1, then Prime came out with a fair balance between traditional and movie style. So I guess Hasbro isn't jumping into all-bay-all-the-time.

I don't want to see the movies go away, but I really would like to see someone else take their shot at them and replace Bay. You can't go after the anti movie crowd for their complaining about change if you're gonna get angry about people wanting a reboot. after all, that's also change right?

As for alternatives, they really are hard to come by during movie years.

:agree

I'm completely open for other TF lines. I might be a G1 fan, but I'm not hardlined by any means. I liked Animated and currently dig Prime. I'm just sick of Bayverse. Let it die already...

Archived