Hasbro Cancels Transformers Dark of the Movie Figures for the USA - Canada and Asia to Continue Carrying Toys

BaCon

crying-kid.jpg
There's been rumors swirling that the rest of the Transformers Dark of the Moon action figures series accounted for 2012 at SDCC and NYCC could be cancelled in the USA. According to sources and the lack of presentation at the Toy Fair 2012 event, we are able to confirm the remaining Movie Trilogy figures will only be released in Asia and Canada by Hasbro. It was hinted that due to lower demand, Hasbro would focus on smaller markets that they can fulfill smaller sized orders with. It is not known what plans Takara Tomy have for the series, but we expect they will continue with some releases. Read more after the jump and share your comments. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the classic Hasbro mistake. They waited too long to take advantage of new media trends. They will never catch up to WoW and other Properties that have used digital to become much bigger. The MMO is a bust already, I can tell.

hmmm....this explains why that big pallet in the back of the hasbro department at work vanished about a week and a half ago....interesting...im gonna have to talk to some of the hasbro reps and see if i can get anymore info...

So no Soundwave, Q, or Leadfoot(Dx)? Oh well, I've given up on finding anything new in my area. Never saw FE figures and the Prime:RiD haven't even been found either. Least there is a Lego store here in my city.....

Did they learn nothing from FE? :khaaan

Nope. :emo

You'd think they were really trying to get us to stop collecting. Besides Generations, is there anything to look forward to?

I Wasn't going to get any of these. as I hated the designs & characters.

Clearly if any die hard fan wants these they can pay a bit more on the secondary market.

at the very least the toys weren't cancelled worldwide.

I'm glad these were cancelled. because these would have all be packed with older DOTM 2011 figures. like bumblebee.

Trilogy peg/shelf warmers have prevented USA stores from ordering & re-ordering 2012 TF Prime & generations toys.

Archived