Toy Fair 2012 - Transformers Fall of Cybertron Bruticus, Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz

Peter_Van

transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-bruticus__scaled_100.jpg
Live from Toy Fair, we got our first in-person look at Transformers Fall of Cybertron figures that will be out in the Transformers Generations toyline this fall! Coinciding with the Transformers Fall of Cybertron video game from Activision Publishing and High Moon Studios, these figures, including the Combaticons combined as Bruticus (no individual figures shown, unfortunately), Shockwave, Jazz, and Optimus Prime! Take a look at the shots in the full gallery! Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shockwave will finally have a real representation on my Classics shelf (sorry DOTM Shockwave). So happy about the look of this guy. He looks to be a perfect Classics update of G1 Shockwave, especially since Shockwave never took an Earth altmode. Can't wait to see this guy in stores, bought on sight! Prime looks worse than WFC Prime. I dunno, perhaps he's mistransformed but it looks off. Jazz looks cool, but I already am happy with my RTS Jazz.

Bruticus...I like the idea of a combiner team in the Classics/Generations/RTS/Universe line, but not too impressive...perhaps better pics will do it more justice...

Bruticus could work, but....do his elbows even bend? I can't tell

And still no seekers or ironhide? not cool, hasbro....

Shockwave is awesome!! Will be bought on sight, Optimus will be skipped, he looks prego.

It looks like they used the PCC formula for Bruticus. Not Cool, there was so much potential and Hasbro went and ruined it

Need some more clarity in those pics but Im excited. Optimus isnt that great. Shockwave is freakin amazing. Bruticus will be bought, he doesnt look that bad in those pictures. Like I said before Vortex needs to be repainted and Brawl's turret needs to be raised closer to the knee. Jazz looks awesome but since RTS Jazz I dont need one. If I cant find all the Combaticons or Shockwave then I may pick him up.

I think the problems with Bruticus's scale would have been solved if they made Onslaught a Voyager, but even then I'm sure some third party company down the line will rectify the situation. Honestly, I can understand and respect what Hasbro was trying to do with him. For example, the arms look like they've been engineered to bend at the elbow to some degree and there are no external plug-and-play combiner parts. It's an improvement over previous combiners, to say the least.

I'm going to go ahead and give it the benefit of the doubt. Besides, the individual Deluxes themselves look pretty neat on their own.

EDIT: Also, for those who are pointing out the paint scheme, I think the Bruticus on display is a prototype.

I'm still not crazy with the way Onslaught looks though. The Classics Onslaught mold is perhaps one of my favorite figures from the Classics series. His FOC mold looks too meh. Too bad Hasbro is sticking to just deluxe sized figures for Generations.

I'm still not crazy with the way Onslaught looks though. The Classics Onslaught mold is perhaps one of my favorite figures from the Classics series. His FOC mold looks too meh. Too bad Hasbro is sticking to just deluxe sized figures for Generations.

It's as if Power Core Combiner 5 pack met G2 and had FOC Bruticus and if this is the future of combiners then Hasbro should go back to the drawing board or go back to the Maximus style of Combiners and let the 3rd party companies fix all the flaws like they did with Superion and Bruticus before

Archived