Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Officially Unveiled

Peter_Van

Still totally getting this, but it would've been nice if Hasbro sold the trailer seperately for people who already the figure....

No,thanks,paying $30 or $40 for a deluxe sized toy with a trailer that does nothing but split in half. isn't something i'd be willing to buy.

Personally,as far as deluxe sized optimus pime toys goes/rates. that DOTM Deluxe walmart optimus prime,is just a horrible toy mold in both modes.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark & guess. that since walmart is selling the DOTM deluxe optimus & it's repaint. that walmart will be also selling this dotm deluxe optimus with the trailer as a store exclusive. Because Retail stores don't like to order big exspensive items when the line is almost wrapping up & ending soon.

I'm really upset at hasbro,because instead of giving USA TF buyers/fans the Takara DA-15 jetwing prime or the striker optimus,were getting this DOTM deluxe optimus with trailer instead that will most likely cost $40 & be put in a huge box.

Well then thank heavens no one has a gun to your head forcing you to take your cash out and buy it. It's entirely optional.

I've never seen anyone get so worked up over so little.

Jason X, I'm with ShadowPanther on this side of the fence. Were getting $hit on here in the US while Takara is putting out the good stuff for Japan.

No one is forcing us to buy it, but man, give us something good Hasbro. This is a deluxe Prime with a trailer? The way it opens is crap, the Prime deluxe mold is crap. On the trailing end of a poorly selling line they bring us this?

Easy pass

Where is the leader Megatron? Shockwave? HA Soundwave? Yeah, Hasbro was way out of touch with this line and their still warming the pegs. We do have FOC and Prime toys to look forward to but I have a sinking feeling that they won't continue the deluxe combiner momentum with a couple more.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it happening right now. They said that it took two years to develop Bruticus from concept to reality? Maybe in two years they will release another one because they started to realize what the market is really looking for.

Personnally I don't know what their grand strategy is, but it doesn't seem like they are paying attention to what is selling. They should be tuned into what 3rd party vendors are producing and selling for a higher price. It seems like they are STARTING to realize it but their just not quite there.

No, I understand the general dissatisfaction with the line. My issue is SP is getting worked up over his own speculation. Don't complain about a price point that hasn't been announced yet. It's silly to manufacture outrage. Now if there were a Leader class Megs or Shockwave that Takara was releasing that Hasbro refused to put out that would be a whole other deal.

As to the rest, Hasbro has been showing encouraging signs they're headed in the right direction on fan service. I hope they continue to build momentum, but then it'll just be different people complaining about different things.

And personally I was that impressed with Jetwing Prime. Takara can have it. I have ROTF Leader Optimus so I'm good.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First sight I was :love Then I saw the trailer open and I was :( Now I am all :wtf

Exactly,my point. the trailer does nothing but split in half. the deluxe toy is not that great by itself.

instead of getting this,hasbro could have given us DA-15 jetwing prime for under $69.99. Striker optimus for under $50. at the very least these two have tons of play value,are accessories that transform into something useful. use the most superior optimus truck/cab/bot toy around.

I agree. I shelled out for the DA-15 and i love him. I would have loved it more to have saved $100 of that and got a version of him stateside. I would love a buster Prime too but i blew that budget on DA-15

First sight I was :love Then I saw the trailer open and I was :( Now I am all :wtf

Exactly,my point. the trailer does nothing but split in half. the deluxe toy is not that great by itself.

instead of getting this,hasbro could have given us DA-15 jetwing prime for under $69.99. Striker optimus for under $50. at the very least these two have tons of play value,are accessories that transform into something useful. use the most superior optimus truck/cab/bot toy around.

The ROTF Leader Class remold with the trailer that basically consisted of "jetpack folded up and slapped on the back of the truck"? :puke Fail.

I'm much happier with Ultimate Optimus and this release. Ultimate has plenty of play value and a great truck mode, and this looks to provide good storage for all the Mechtech weapons I've amassed in addition to the great truck mode.

Remember when ROTF was out and everyone was bitching for a trailer? Now theres a trailer and everyones bitching about it.

It opens into nothing because that part at least is accurate to real life. Thats all trailers do. You put things in them for transit. Now put your Legends and Commanders in there and shaddup.

Remember when ROTF was out and everyone was bitching for a trailer? Now theres a trailer and everyones bitching about it.

It opens into nothing because that part at least is accurate to real life. Thats all trailers do. You put things in them for transit. Now put your Legends and Commanders in there and shaddup.

Agreed ^, besides wasn't the g1 toy just a dlx class figure with a trailer that split in half? I mean yeah it had rollar and that drone thing, but if memory serves the reissue of g1 prime costed 20$ more than the rumor cost for this one. For 20$ ill just buy the legion ratchet playset and pretend it came with the trailer.

Also I really dunno why people dont like the dlx mold of prime... In my opinion its the best one made during DOTM. To each their own I guess.

This bears quoting. It amazes me that people would rather have a mass of jetpack parts strapped on the cab rather than a trailer that actually looks like a trailer. This Prime can transport Mechtech weapons. He can transport Cyberverse and Scout class troops. He can store your Botcon cash stash. Sure, being able to combine with Prime would be nice, but we have the Ultimate and Cyberverse versions for that. This trailer is actually functional as a trailer.

Breaker, Reluttr, and KFGatri are absolutely right. The only thing I'd have to add is that everyone complains there are too many versions of movie Optimus Prime out already, and yet alot of those same people are badmouthing Hasbro for not releasing even MORE versions of the same character, and less effective, less aesthetically pleasing versions at that. It defies common sense.

Going back to my original post, it would be great if Hasbro released the trailer by itself for people who already bought the Walmart exclusive Deluxe OP. For that matter, it would be awesome if they released just the Jetwing trailer/jetpack for owners of ROTF Leader class OP who really wanted to have it.

Breaker, Reluttr, and KFGatri are absolutely right. The only thing I'd have to add is that everyone complains there are too many versions of movie Optimus Prime out already, and yet alot of those same people are badmouthing Hasbro for not releasing even MORE versions of the same character, and less effective, less aesthetically pleasing versions at that. It defies common sense.

It's the whole "It's from Japan, it must be better" school of thought. If Hasbro released the remolds and variants before Takara did, people would complain about the mold reuse, the clunky "trailer" mode for the jetpack, the inaccurate add-on for the front of the truck mode, you name it. If Hasbro were the first to release these figures it would considered a cheap cash grab, but since it's Takara, it's highly sought after, and Hasbro is evil for denying us.

Going back to my original post, it would be great if Hasbro released the trailer by itself for people who already bought the Walmart exclusive Deluxe OP. For that matter, it would be awesome if they released just the Jetwing trailer/jetpack for owners of ROTF Leader class OP who really wanted to have it.

Now there's an idea - release the trailer and the jetpack as accessory packs, perhaps on HTS, in addition to the full figure release.Maybe toss in some Mechtech weapon redecos to add to the value a little.

I only own Three of the movie verse optimus prime toy. the 2007 movie leader optimus, rotf leader optimus. and the DOTM Ultimate optimus.

Obviously,it goes without saying,that If I bought the DA-15 Jetwing optimus or Dotm striker optimus,Then I'd sell the ROTF Leader sized optimus toy. I certainly won't want to own all 3.

owning the same ROTF leader optimus mold but with the added jetwing pack or striker parts is much awesome than owning just the Rotf leader optimus with no jetwing or no striker parts.

I like the DA-15 Jetwing optimus because the jetwing in truck mode looks like heavily armed tank turrents,missles,etc...

I actually don't own the entire 100% Dotm Ultimate optimus toy. I gave the brick-former trailer away to a younger relative. as i'm not a fan of the armada styled brick pants. I actually think the ultra sized optimus thst comes with this ultimate toy is a superb toy all by itself.

I am not one of those Transformers fans that wanted the return of trailers for the optimus prime toys. I was happy & content with getting optimus toys with no trailer. because the toys cost less.

I was never a fan open split of trailers & that's it For optimus prime toys.

If hasbro/Takara expects me to buy a New mold optimus prime with a trailer. then the trailer has to combine with the robot. to give it a super robot mode that is 100% super poseable. I like the Rid trailer armor seperating into robot super parts combiner thing. or the trailer forming a super poseable exo-suit or flight pack with other stuff. examples: rid optimus,cybertron leader optimus,the promised rumored MP Ultra magnus trailer for MP-1? Ultra magnus.

Archived