The Hub has awful live sitcom shows,what live sitcom shows would you rather see air on the hub that would bring in more viewers.

Shadowpanther

So now we're going for the old (and incredibly worn out) Nick at Nite line up huh? Why not Perfect Strangers and Mork N Mindy (two excellent shows in their own right, but also over-syndicated back in the day)?

And 90210? Really? That show wasn't any good the first time around.

Hasbro's Hub network is clearly trying to air wholesome family sitcoms that have a "G" Viwer intended ratting.

Sorry,nothing about perfect strangers nor mork & mind scream family sitcom nor "G" Ratting. A family sitcom show is defined as having kids & parents living inn the same house hold. to make matters worse,both shows you mentioned were not highly viewed shows nor did they or will they ever make any internet polled top 20 best sitcom shows or regular shows of all time.

FWIW,Beverly hills 90210 is considered a family sitcom. as it features teenagers living with their moms & dads. various parents did get active roles in the show. the show itself did provide valuable family & teenager teaching lessons. LAST BUT NOT LEAST,the show was a highly rated,highly viewed,high budget show.

Yesterday,when I wrote this thread. I did a search on the internet for the most popular & highly rated top 20 sitcom/regular shows of all time. neither of these shows mork & mindy nor perfect strangers made this list.

while I was doing the search,for most popular shows of all time on the internet. I clicked on the top 50 WORST Sitcom/regular shows of all time. GUESS WHAT Both perfect stangers & mork & mind made the list.

FWIW,Because I clicked on that TOP 50 worst sitcom/regular shows of all time link. I got a pop up adware virus on my computer. I had to delete all my cookies,delete my temp files,delete my %temp% files,delete my prefetch files. then run 4 aniti virus programs to get rid of all the tracking cookies,viruses,adware,pop ups & so forth. I always run the following anti virus software,mcafee,eset,microsoft safety scanner & virpre rescue scanner.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now we're going for the old (and incredibly worn out) Nick at Nite line up huh? Why not Perfect Strangers and Mork N Mindy (two excellent shows in their own right, but also over-syndicated back in the day)?

And 90210? Really? That show wasn't any good the first time around.

Hasbro's Hub network is clearly trying to air wholesome family sitcoms that have a "G" Viwer intended ratting.

Sorry,nothing about perfect strangers nor mork & mind scream family sitcom nor "G" Ratting. A family sitcom show is defined as having kids & parents living inn the same house hold. to make matters worse,both shows you mentioned were not highly viewed shows nor did they or will they ever make any internet polled top 20 best sitcom shows or regular shows of all time.

FWIW,Beverly hills 90210 is considered a family sitcom. as it features teenagers living with their moms & dads. various parents did get active roles in the show. the show itself did provide valuable family & teenager teaching lessons. LAST BUT NOT LEAST,the show was a highly rated,highly viewed,high budget show.

Yesterday,when I wrote this thread. I did a search on the internet for the most popular & highly rated top 20 sitcom/regular shows of all time. neither of these shows mork & mindy nor perfect strangers made this list.

while I was doing the search,for most popular shows of all time on the internet. I clicked on the top 50 WORST Sitcom/regular shows of all time. GUESS WHAT Both perfect stangers & mork & mind made the list.

FWIW,Because I clicked on that TOP 50 worst sitcom/regular shows of all time link. I got a pop up adware virus on my computer. I had to delete all my cookies,delete my temp files,delete my %temp% files,delete my prefetch files. then run 4 aniti virus programs to get rid of all the tracking cookies,viruses,adware,pop ups & so forth. I always run the following anti virus software,mcafee,eset,microsoft safety scanner & virpre rescue scanner.

FWIW, it isn't worth much, and you're the one pitching the Nick at Nite line up, not me.

Now in regard to 90210, it was a little hard to see the family values under all the statutory rape and drug use, but I guess different people have different "values".

And the virus thing is just hilarious. Next time be more careful where you "research".

You know, FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget sitcoms, how about some classic adventure and sci-fi shows? Buffy, like SP suggested, isn't all that family-oriented, although it is excellent. I'd show it later at night on the Hub. Now Lost in Space would be perfect for the Hub. Good family values, imaginative storytelling, it's just a fun, if often rather silly show.

The Greatest American Hero would work, too. And MacGyver. And Quantum Leap.

And maybe classic Doctor Who!

The Hub has awful live sitcom shows,what live sitcom shows would you rather see air on the hub that would bring in more viewers.

I still can't believe the hub airs doggie,wonder years & laverne.

Here's a quik run down of all the live sitcom shows the Hub network currently airs: Doggies howser MD. The wonder years. Happy days. Laverne & Shirley & shirley. The 1970's batman live sitcom. family ties.

Here's what live sitcom shows,I select to air on the hub network: Seinfeld. Everybody loves ramond. Beverly hills 90210. Star trek the next generation. buffy the vampire slayer. family matters.

90210, Star trek and Buffy are sitcoms?

Hub's problem isn't programming. It's the fact that they think they're a premium channel. They're not. Stop charging top tier for it and air it like any other basic channel. That's the only way you're going to increase viewership.

Is the Hub in the higher tier channel packages? My TV (DirecTV) has been the top tier of regular channels for years, so it just showed up one day. If there are people that just get standard channels, the viewership would be way down for Prime.

In my area, to get The Hub you have to subscribe to AT&T UFamily (or higher) or Comcast Digital Preferred (or higher). Neither are basic packages.

Batman is all you need. And all the stuff you listed was horrible except for maybe Family Matters. Seinfield sucks. I'd rather drink hot acid then watch that show.

I bought up this same exact thread on another Transformers message forum. Some of the members said,they got the hub network on their basic package cable plan. while others said it was part of a tier.

some members replied saying the hub network doesn't determine whether it's on basic or tier packages,the cable provider determines this stuff.

Since,I haven't done any research,I'm clueless.

All,I know is that,I use to have the "Discovery channel" & then when the hub network merger happened a few months prior. their was a message on the discovery channel that read something like,were getting re-named into the hub but don't worry some of our programs you love & watch on this discovery channel will carry over to the hub network channel.

some internet TF fans claimed that the on-line hub.com shows stream versions of their aired programs on-line. other TF fans claim to be able to use iphone/adroid/whatever/? cel phone's to watch the TF Prime episodes on their phone. I haven't looked into this,so I can't confirm it

Hub's problem isn't programming. It's the fact that they think they're a premium channel. They're not. Stop charging top tier for it and air it like any other basic channel. That's the only way you're going to increase viewership.

Is the Hub in the higher tier channel packages? My TV (DirecTV) has been the top tier of regular channels for years, so it just showed up one day. If there are people that just get standard channels, the viewership would be way down for Prime.

In my area, to get The Hub you have to subscribe to AT&T UFamily (or higher) or Comcast Digital Preferred (or higher). Neither are basic packages.

yea, i have Time Warner Cable and it's in the second tier of channels. I have the DVR service as well so i get the Hub in HD.

Archived