The Hub has awful live sitcom shows,what live sitcom shows would you rather see air on the hub that would bring in more viewers.

Shadowpanther

The Hub has awful live sitcom shows,what live sitcom shows would you rather see air on the hub that would bring in more viewers.

I still can't believe the hub airs doggie,wonder years & laverne.

Here's a quik run down of all the live sitcom shows the Hub network currently airs: Doggies howser MD. The wonder years. Happy days. Laverne & Shirley & shirley. The 1970's batman live sitcom. family ties.

Here's what live sitcom shows,I select to air on the hub network: Seinfeld. Everybody loves ramond. Beverly hills 90210. Star trek the next generation. buffy the vampire slayer. family matters.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be wrong on this, but doesn't it seem like the point of the hub in some aspects is to kinda provide a throwback to earlier era which is the point of having those shows in the first place?

Here's what live sitcom shows,I select to air on the hub network: Seinfeld. Everybody loves ramond. Beverly hills 90210. Star trek the next generation. buffy the vampire slayer. family matters.

I mean, I'm pretty sure all the shows you mentioned wanting are aired already on at least one other station, so why would the hub do that? Plus I guess this way they provide to the people who enjoyed those shows and get views that way instead of providing the same thing as other stations, which would in turn have people see them as another station copying what other people are doing for views

Idk honestly. that's just my two cents on how I see it.

Beverly Hills 90210, ST:TNG and Buffy are sitcoms? :tfhuh (I guess I could kind of see it with Buffy...kind of.)

That said, I've been watching Dan Vs. on The Hub, and think "My Name is Earl" would be great paired up with it. an hour of lists, one redeeming a man, and the other getting revenge on eveeeeeeeerything/one.

That said, I think The Hub wants to be seen as family channel, hence airing of all the older (and tamer) titles. I think Beetlejuice is probably the "edgiest" thing I've seen them air. :tflaugh

Yeah, you're way off base dude. The shows they have are good, the shows you want are already shown too often on other channels, and the only problem HUB really has has got nothing to do with programming.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, probably many times before I'm done: The by far biggest problem with HUB is availablilty. It isn't available in enough markets, and where it is available, it's bundled in top tier programming packages, which prices it right out of the range of many potential viewers. All the HUB needs to do is incease its accessibility to increase its viewers.

The last thing cable/satellite needs is more Seinfeld/Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. Ugh.

The hub network doesn't have exclusive rights to air those six live sitcom's shows,they currently air. That the beauty of syndication,anyone other channel can also air them. with over thousands of cable/satelight/dish/on-line stream sites,these six hub live sitcoms are also airing on other channels in america & world wide.

I suspect the main reason we don't see these six live sitcom's shows repeating on that many channels,is because their either over played/repeated or just awful shows in general. in the case of happy days & family ties,these shows are perhaps the king of over repeated shows. in the case of doogie howser,laverne,batman & the wonder years,these were awful,corny,cheesy,outdated & not highly watched when they first aired the first time around.

The Hub network got these six live sitcom shows,because they were cheap to get the viewing rights to air. I'm pretty sure other repeated shows from decades ago like the following would have cost the hub network more money to buy the viewing rights to air on the hub network like as follows: gilligans island,three stooges,roseanne,I love lucy,any star trek live show,seinfeld,friends,that 70's show,beverly hills 90210,buffy the vampire slayer,etc...

dude...what you got against Laverne and Shirley?...i love that show......

Personally for me,I always found the "laverne & shirley" show as a very depressing show to watch.

WHY? Because both women are in their 40's & their acting like their in their low 20's in that sitcom.

It's a depressing show,because both women in their 40's still live at home,work minium wage jobs,get stalked by two crazy guys. laverne's IQ is on the low side. don't have any kids,aren't married. hardly anyone wants to date them. when they go out on dates,they throw themselves at guys in a shameless fashion. laverne's dad still yells at her like she's a child.

the laverne & shirley show even for it's time era,was considered a extremly low budget show. with low quality sets,low quality lighting on the sets,low quality camera crew & film/audio uses & the list goes on.......

Personally,if the Hub network wanted to air wholesome sitcom shows. then they should have chosen shows that were either not overly repeated in syndication or more highly rated, more liked/higher quality shows. like as follows: Growing pains,family matters,full house,beverly hills 90210,home improvement,step by step,etc....

So now we're going for the old (and incredibly worn out) Nick at Nite line up huh? Why not Perfect Strangers and Mork N Mindy (two excellent shows in their own right, but also over-syndicated back in the day)?

And 90210? Really? That show wasn't any good the first time around.

Archived