Hasbro Apologizes for Transformers Prime First Edition Gaffe; Working To Find Ways to Distribute Unreleased Figures

Peter_Van

I've been finding the ClasicVerse RTS guys at Ross, The only 1st edition that I've found was Bumblebee and that was in December, now the TRU here in Killeen has 2 RiD Bumblebee's. Target had Voyager Optimus and a RiD Bumblebee. I skipped the Bumblebee and bought the Optimus. Still waiting to find Wheeljack and the 2 Walmarts have reloaded with a few 1st wave DOTM.

Hasbro really Screwed up with the 1st edition and honestly, they should not have even bothered with amking new molds of the first edition figures, and just kept the 1st edition figures as the RiD figures. This was an Epic Fail. and they listened too late

Hasbro should stop doing 1st releases at TRU and go with Walmart or Target they are more reliable to get the product in customers hands, then TRU ever was.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about that. The Walmart close to me had a ton of nothing but their exclusive DotM Deluxe Optimus Primes clogging their pegs. Last time I was there (this past week), they had sixty four Deluxe figures, all of them DotM figures, and sixty one of them were the DotM Deluxe Optimus Prime.

My TRU has 10 Transformers and has had 10 Transformers since the middle of January. And the Transformer section is 20 % of the aisle. My Walmarts only had about 5 of the Exclusive Deluxe Prime's the rest were other DOTM figures. Did score the Leader Bumblebee bonus pack for $30 on clearance.

All I'm saying is for figures that people really want, Walmart and Target are better options to get the figures out to people.

1) They have more stores then TRU (after Killeen, the nearest TRU is in Waco over 70 miles away) Back in Illinois there was a TRU in West Dundee and the next closest was in St. Charles about 30 miles away. Meanwhile there is a Walmart every 5 miles and a TARGET depending on where you lived every 10 miles or less.

2) They are a few dollars cheaper then TRU

3) More people shop at Walmart and Target then they do at TRU.

Thats funny because last night I was in Wal-Mart and about 90% of the DOTM toys were the Wal-Mart exclusive Track-Battle Roadbuster (or whatever hes called). There was about 30 deluxes there and Id be willing to say at least 20 of them were that toy. The rest are old from before Darksteel (and no damn Darksteel) and there were only 6 voyagers. They were just Sentinel and something else, cant remember.

Did finally see a Rescue Heroes Blades though.

Most shelves around my area are pretty barren. What is there is mostly Deluxe class, and mostly OP and BB. I have yet to see Darksteel or Air Raid, but I did finally score Rescuebots Boulder for my son.

Saw Dark Steel last night also. I picked up Voyager Optimus Prime, just to buy a Transformer. Neither of the Walmarts in Killeen had Track Battle Roadbuster, the only one that did was the one in Temple and that was maybe 8 of him.

Archived