How would you rate the IDW TF comics? do you think their better or worse than DW or Marvel?

Shadowpanther

How would you rate the IDW TF comics? do you think their better or worse than DW or Marvel?

do you prefer marvel,DW or IDW? Which did/does a better TF comic job?

Personally I thought the Marvel TF USA & UK comic stories were the best. I felt bob & simon furman created some unique TF comic stories. simon furman I felt did a awesome story telling job with all those TF UK comic issues.

I loved the simon furman TF Marvel comic issues in america. Simon wrote a great G-2 marvel comics story.

Dreamwave,I felt came the closets/in 2nd place to the Marvel TF comics stories awesomeness,with the much needed improved art designs. their were no major character persona re-writes like IDW does. the TF stories felt like a extension of the marvel TF comics stories,like they were a contination.

Lastly,I'm just not a fan of the horribly written stories that IDW creates for the TF comics. I also think Dreamwave created better art work for their TF comics than IDW.

To me,i'm simply not a fan of all the re-boots & re-writes when IDW keeps changing writers & editors for their TF comics. Choas was the most disapointing pumped up/hyped up series ever.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

S

P

A

C

E

What currently dis-pleases me about the IDW TF comics? In the Chaos saga,the writers killed off/sent away,Megatron,Optimus Prime & Galvatron--->this right here is three major & popular faction leaders that are desired by fans. What's left? Bumblebee as the supreme autobot leader. the decepticons fighting for leadership.

personally,I felt the art took a major dive in 2011 for the IDW TF comics. way too many panels & not enough one panel pages worth of fight scenes. I don't like how All hail bumblebee & the 2011 on-going had different art for the characters. the art was so bad in Choas that I could hardly make out what was going on story wise. I still don't know if megatron fired a huge blast at the Deceptigod or the deceptigod fired a huge blast at megatron.

either way,it gets sliced the Choas story looked like it was written by a toddler. examples: the decepticons explanation for arriving on cybertron,was that they use a space bridge transport portal that got built into megatron's new body. the D-Void got no origin story nor fleshed out persona. way too much time spent on megatron's & optimus origin stories. the 3 issues dealing with the "last story on earth" felt like a pure waste of time.

Right now,I'm frustrated with the IDW TF comics & i'm taking 6 months off from buying/reading. I'll buy the Rid & MTMTE Trade paper backs volume 1,in june/july 2012. maybe reading everything in one huge reading with be less awful,than reading each issue monthly.

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently been rereading the old Transformers Marvel comics, thanks to the Classics TPB collections and I must say that those are some wordy comics, not that I mind but damned if it isnt taken me a hell of a lot of time to get through them. As for IDW I usually wait for the collections to come out and skip the individual comics by themselves. As for the story line I just finished Police Action and I found that to be just boring. I do agree on some level about the art, but having not yet read the rest of Chaos I cant really comment on it. Maybe tomorrow I will make it by the Comic store and kill some time checking out the latest issues and see whats going on.

One thing I am sick of is the constant changes in art style, and bot design, how many times can we remake BB to make him look both G1 and movie esk. That and after all the movies and the constant influx of BB toy after BB toy just... well its enough already. Pick a new favorite and exploit him already, or her. Speaking of, the local TRU already has 12 Prime Bumblebees warming the shelves, come on Hastak take a hint. But that is a rant for another time.

Last thing, the movie comics are by no means my favorite but I get the feeling that we will not see another hard back collection of the movie TPB's to match the other two oversized editions, which is sad, but seeing as they are going for less then 20 on amazon cant be a good sign.

Worse then Dreamwave and Marvel. I can not get into any of the stories that have come out of IDW, and now just completely ignore them

i dont know about dreamwave having better art...IMO Pat Lee sucks. Bloated character designs and all. i absolutely hate his art. I enjoy Guidos art alot more. And as for Prime and Megatron getting sent away. Big deal. Its called Transformers..Not the Optimus and Megatron Show. Glad to see some other characters get spotlight time instead of those two

Archived