The,"Game Informer" magazine #227 Has pics+info about 5 FOC deluxe toys for the Combaticons.

Shadowpanther

Oh dude, I just had a thought. I will be soooooo bummed if they cut corners on the hands and feet like they did with those terrible A/E/C combiners.

Did they cut corners?

I've got all three energon combiners in combined form on a display shelf. from what I can see & play with. the energon 5-in-1 combiners hands & feet are extremly poseable. with poseable fingers & poseable toes. I hardly call adding poseabilty to the fingers & feet to be considered cutting corners. also the hands & feet transformed nicely in vechicle modes as convicing weapons.

Honestly,I'm not too concerned with internal or external combiner accessories. as long as they look great,have decent poseabilty & don't ruin the individual robot modes,that's all i care about.

personally i'm use to having external combiner accessories. because i've played with so many 1980's USA TF combiners thru the decades.

Sure having internal combiner accessories would be nice,but it won't ruin it for me,if they had external combiner accessories instead.

I did love the internal combiner accessories that car robots & beastwars had. but I still don't consider pop on/off combiner accessories as a leap back in toy combiner technology. as long as the fingers & toes are poseable,I could care less if their internal or external combiner accessories.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 Combaticons, Jazz, Optimus Prime, and Shockwave. There's your rumored 8 new Generations figures. So much for Grimlock. :( Hopefully they're all deluxe figures, but I really want this to be a Leader or Supreme class box set. I want this to rival Predaking in size!

A little concerned about the big gaps in Bruticus' body, but it looks like a classic case of misstransformation.

Emerje

Oh dude, I just had a thought. I will be soooooo bummed if they cut corners on the hands and feet like they did with those terrible A/E/C combiners.

Did they cut corners?

I've got all three energon combiners in combined form on a display shelf. from what I can see & play with. the energon 5-in-1 combiners hands & feet are extremly poseable. with poseable fingers & poseable toes. I hardly call adding poseabilty to the fingers & feet to be considered cutting corners. also the hands & feet transformed nicely in vechicle modes as convicing weapons.

Honestly,I'm not too concerned with internal or external combiner accessories. as long as they look great,have decent poseabilty & don't ruin the individual robot modes,that's all i care about.

personally i'm use to having external combiner accessories. because i've played with so many 1980's USA TF combiners thru the decades.

Sure having internal combiner accessories would be nice,but it won't ruin it for me,if they had external combiner accessories instead.

I did love the internal combiner accessories that car robots & beastwars had. but I still don't consider pop on/off combiner accessories as a leap back in toy combiner technology. as long as the fingers & toes are poseable,I could care less if their internal or external combiner accessories.

You call those hands and fingers? They look like garbage sticks to me. I have Superion and he is trash. 4/5 of his components are decent on their own but thats it. By themselves they are unspectacular. I also hated Silverbolt. He's junk.

300px-Energon_superion_maximus_toy.jpg

This is the one I got. Asymmetry is freakin' ugly in general and especially here. Granted Gestalts are asymmetrical by nature but the classics make it look good. This doesn't. I hate the freakin hands and feet. Toes are so damn stupid when the standard robo-boot looks a million times better. And those "fingers" just open and close. They have no posability in the digits where it counts. They don't even look like hands, thats the damn problem.

If Hasbro just tacks on cheap crap filler like this to form the hands of FOC Bruticus I just wont buy it is all :/. At least until a 3rd party makes the upgrade kit.

2 of the 3 Energon Combiners only became popular recently because of the 3rd party sets. Since the Constructicon set doesn't have a corresponding 3rd party add on, no one really cares about it....

Fansproject: where are you and where is my add on for this last set?!

I saw Superion done up with one arm and leg switched to make it more symmetrical and it looked much better, but the "hands" and "feet" are still lacking.

That's where Fansproject comes into play, Guaranteed they are already looking at it for upgrades which I'm sure will be awesome

i just freaked out about this earlier as well...i almost threw the laptop across the room and out the window...my fiancee has no clue what the hell is going on....i must say this is hasbro doing the fans right...this thing will be glourious to behold once its out....as soon as this goes on preorder it is mine...though i must admit im not a fan of onslaughts design for the most part...its still gonna be sweet...looks like i may have to take a couple month break from MTG..THANK YOU HASBRO..

I freely admit I squealed like a little girl when I saw this myself.

Archived