Transformers Prime First Edition and Robots In Disguise Cliffjumper Figures - What Is Different?

Peter_Van

I saw 1 Arcee and 1 Bumblebee at TRU a couple days before Christmas, but I was doing some last minute shopping for the boys and had to pass. Haven't seen jack since.

if the RiD cliffjumper has the first editions arms.. i wouldn't complain too much.

oh well. cliffjumper looks to be a smaller bot in the show.. and he was really only in like 10 seconds of the show.

so oh well.

my beef is with first edition prime. THAT is what i want... the RID prime can suck it.

Does anybody have the "inside" scoop to why Hasbro did this? The only reason I can think of is that the first edition figures are too expensive to produce in the quantities that Hasbro wants. I say this because the RID Cliffjumper looks way more simplified than the FE version. That's too bad because Cliffjumper, voyager Prime and Bulkhead look like some of the best figures to come out in a long time. Oh well.

Well cost is part of the issue, plus the FE's are not as compatible with Mechtech weapons as the RID versions are. Hasbro is assuming kids ate up DOTM and they are playing on the idea that the kids want the next line to work with the weapons and being compatible will be a huge selling point.

Ultimately hasbro wanted to prevent a fiasco like the RTS line by cutting the supply to the FE line off early because they want TRU to have plenty of room for the upcoming RID and Generations lines. Because lets face it TRU clings to transformers like gold, why else do they still have ROTF figures on the shelf?

But yeah I would fully expect to see the FE's get repackaged down the line. More than likely they will be in the "Entertainment" 2 packs.

Archived