DOTM Mech tech combining weapons,was it a failure or a succcess,you decide.

Shadowpanther

Which proves my point: DOTM figures didn't shrink to maintain a price point. The price went down when the figures shrank. Deluxes haven't been $9-$10 since TF07. In that regard Mech Tech weapons could be considered a bonus as they're essentially free.

There was no choice but for the retailers to bring down the price, cause the Voyagers were not selling at the $20 mark. The only places that have maintained the $20 price point is HTS and Aafes. When the Voyagers first came out they were not selling. and it was about a month later that the retailers dropped the price to $15 and they started selling. The 2007 and ROTF price points were kept until after a month then the prices came down so the retailers could get DOTM off the shelves. The DOTM toyline was failure that was caused by Hasbro and Mech Tech. Hence why most of it has ended up on clearance. Heck it was a month and a half after Kreo came out that it ended up on clearance and still no one was buying. One of the Walmarts down here still has 2 shelves full of them and they are 50% off and still no one is buying

My point is the retailers were forced by the consumer to lower the price to an acceptable point. AFTER! the toys came out, thus knocking out the price points that were originally set up

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Check it out! we finally found our new thing to argue about! :P

I see what you're saying but it simply isn't correct. Retailers started out with the lower price points. I posted about the lower prices back in May 2011 on the first day DOTM figures were out asking if the new lower prices were a fluke at the Walmart I went to or if it was like that everywhere. Lagging sales didn't force retailers to do anything.

Now you COULD argue that slow sales led to Hasbro distributing those "$5 off a Transformer DOTM purchase of $5.99 or more" coupon books we saw in the toy aisle in late September and early October as a way to drive sales and appease retailers, and you would most likely be correct in doing so. It would, however, be an entirely different subject.

Hey! Check it out! we finally found our new thing to argue about! :P

I see what you're saying but it simply isn't correct. Retailers started out with the lower price points. I posted about the lower prices back in May 2011 on the first day DOTM figures were out asking if the new lower prices were a fluke at the Walmart I went to or if it was like that everywhere. Lagging sales didn't force retailers to do anything.

Now you COULD argue that slow sales led to Hasbro distributing those "$5 off a Transformer DOTM purchase of $5.99 or more" coupon books we saw in the toy aisle in late September and early October as a way to drive sales and appease retailers, and you would most likely be correct in doing so. It would, however, be an entirely different subject.

Yeah took us long enough :tflaugh

Now let's see I paid $20 for Skyhammer, Megatron, and Shockwave, $11 for Roadbuster and Topspin and $38 for Sentinel Prime on the first day the figures were released. about 2 months later I paid $15 for Fire Burst Optimus Prime, $9 for Crankcase, Starscream, and Thundercracker. and a bout 2 months after that I got Leader Ironhide for $35. So you can say the price points shrank with the figures. Which they actually did not. As a matter of fact when the price points were originally put out for DOTM they were the same as the price points for ROTF. It was the consumer not buying the figures that brought the price points down to a level that has not changed in months. Hasbro had nothing to do with it. Right now I can get Voyager Optimus Prime for $15 at Walmart, Target, and TRU. You go to Hasbro Toy Shop and you will see that Hasbro still has it for $20. Thus showing it was the retailers not Hasbro that dropped the price.

The DOTM figures shrank first, tried to be sold at the same price points as ROTF. Only to be forced to lower price points, by the consumer. So the price shrank AFTER the original Price failed to fuel consumer demand. Not at the same time the figures shrank

Where'd you do your initial shopping at? I only went to my local Walmart on opening day. I walked out with Roadbuster and Crankcase for $9.88 each and Shockwave for $18.88. A couple days later I paid the same at Target for Topspin and Megatron at another Walmart.

I'll have to try and dig up that thread with my initial pricing questions. I swear I'm not making this up.

Walmart #1 Voyager Megatron

Walmart #2 Leader Sentinel Prime

Target Skyhammer, Shockwave, Roadbuster, and Topspin

At the two Walmarts' I was the first one to get my DOTM Transformers and I know this because I opened the boxes after the stockers brought out the pallets.

I was also the first person to pay for my Transformers at Target. There were two of us waiting for the stockers to bring out the Transformers.

Good in concept bad in execution. Just like the PCC combiners. Interchangeable limbs sound cool...

Combinable weapons to make more badass weapons sound like it cant fail right? Well when one weapon by itself is the size of the entire toy then its just goofy. Unless theyre supposed to be like giant weapon platforms that is. Whats the point of having a GIANT rifle when the figure topples over when holding it?

Walmart #1 Voyager Megatron

Walmart #2 Leader Sentinel Prime

Target Skyhammer, Shockwave, Roadbuster, and Topspin

At the two Walmarts' I was the first one to get my DOTM Transformers and I know this because I opened the boxes after the stockers brought out the pallets.

I was also the first person to pay for my Transformers at Target. There were two of us waiting for the stockers to bring out the Transformers.

Okay, I couldn't locate my post that I was telling you about, but I did bump a thread titled DOTM Voyagers. In post #9, Mister Fanwank qoutes the same prices I did, and his post went up on May 20th. That's less than a week after the DOTM line hit stores.

And I was first to buy at my Walmart too, but I was also the only one at the time. Got 'em case fresh!

Yeah you still haven't proven anything, explain the $15 price point for the Voyagers

Prove it wasn't consumer demand after the figures were made, that caused the price drop to $15 where it stayed since June to well now.

Yeah you still haven't proven anything, explain the $15 price point for the Voyagers

Prove it wasn't consumer demand after the figures were made, that caused the price drop to $15 where it stayed since June to well now.

I don't have to prove that because I never argued that in the first place. All I had to prove was that the starting price point was lower for DOTM figures than their ROTF counterparts. You can't change the rules in the middle of the argument. You're not Australian.

Archived