MP Megatron's foot - how to detach/reattach?

sertile

So I was trying to clean the "cosmic rust" on my MP Meg's feet, and I had the bright idea that it would be easier to do if I pulled his feet off. The left foot came off its ball joint just fine, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it back on there... the ball itself is MUCH larger than the hole, and taking the screws out of his foot didn't seem to help. I tried forcing it, but I ended up breaking one of the little red tabs on his shins.

Megs is totally gimped until I figure this out! I take TF's apart all the time and this is the first time I've had this problem. Has anyone ever done this before, or know how to fix it? Help please!! :tfsad

post-4915-0-91883100-1328035887.jpg

maybe try putting the socket into hot water to sften it a little so it has a litle give for the ball to go back into it. It might help

So I was trying to clean the "cosmic rust" on my MP Meg's feet, and I had the bright idea that it would be easier to do if I pulled his feet off. The left foot came off its ball joint just fine, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it back on there... the ball itself is MUCH larger than the hole, and taking the screws out of his foot didn't seem to help. I tried forcing it, but I ended up breaking one of the little red tabs on his shins.

Megs is totally gimped until I figure this out! I take TF's apart all the time and this is the first time I've had this problem. Has anyone ever done this before, or know how to fix it? Help please!! :tfsad

I tried the same exact thing about two weeks ago. I had to unscrew all the screws in the lower leg. their were a few pin joints that made it harder. I was able to pull out one pin joint. after a hour+,I finally pushed the over sized ball joint back into it's socket. This was a extremly un-pleasant & nerve racking experience to accomplish.

• 3 months later...

Okay, sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. The hot water didn't work for me, but I ended up taking all the screws out of his foot and spreading the plastic parts apart as far as I could by wedging little flathead screwdrivers in-between them... do NOT recommend removing MP Megs' feet to anyone! lol

Archived