Collecting Other Toys

Breaker

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years ago, I used to collect Playmates Star Trek figures. I also have some of the Star Wars figures from when they first started making those again in the 90's, but not nearly as many of those as Star Trek. I have a bit more Star Wars in that I have most (but I think not all) of the McQuarie consept design figures. Oh, and the "Animated Debut" Boba Fett figure, as I was amused that they briefly awknowledged the existance of the Holiday Special. (Where's my Bea Arthur action figure?) All of the above mentioned are still on their cards, unlike any Transformers I own. (Transformers cannot live up to their brand name while still in the packaging!)

I also have seven Yamato 1/60 Valkyries, a VF-1S TV Version (I bought the one that came with Roy, but have seperate TV version Super Parts to use with it.), a VF-1J Hikaru TV Version (That is what came with the Super Parts, which is odd since that Valkyrie never featured them in the show. I did seperately get the GBP armour for it, however.), TV Version VF-1A's for both Max and Kakizaki, a VF-1D with Hikaru and Minmay, and the VT-1 and VE-1 from Do You Remember Love? I wouldn't mind more Valkyries, but that was getting expensive! So alas, I think I've stopped there.

Heres an interesting question: Did anyone start collecting TFs and then move to other things or did you start with something else that eventually extend itself to TFs?

For me I started with TFs but as a kid I had a lot of JOEs and TMNT stuff. It was easy to get back into JOEs as an adult but I havent really seen anything TMNT that I care for.

I'd have to say I started with Transformers, as I never really stopped getting them as a kid. During the line shut down in the early 90s, I bought Action Masters from a close out shop up until G2 started, and continued on into each following line.

Well, I have to admit, I've been interested in alot before Transfomers. I think the order was like, Bob the Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, Yu-Gi-Oh for a while ( Which I really regret now. :/ ) and in 2005, I saw Transformers ( Cybertron ) for the first time on Kids WB ( I never really had cable until about 2 years ago... ) And even after it got canceled, I still had intrest in it, so I stuck with it. ( I'm kind of intrested in the Brave Series GaoGaiGar, but It's not going to take over Transformers lol )

Heres an interesting question: Did anyone start collecting TFs and then move to other things or did you start with something else that eventually extend itself to TFs?

For me I started with TFs but as a kid I had a lot of JOEs and TMNT stuff. It was easy to get back into JOEs as an adult but I havent really seen anything TMNT that I care for.

My childhood consisted of the BIG THREE, Star Wars, TFs and GI Joe. With various other toy lines sprinkled in too, He Man, MASK, etc. From junior high to my mid 20s I didnt collect anything. Started with SW POTF2 but all that ended abruptly with the TRU commemorative reissues and the TF Collection Japanese reissues.

The GI Joe 25th line was easy for me to start collecting - that line was awesome. If you find a Renegades Storm Shadow, hook me up!

I collected toys for the most part, just anything, but that was back when I played with them. Loooong ago. As far as actually "collecting" I'd say Transformers is the only toys I've "collected" as I see the other toys I've gotten only because they were cheap and those have a totally different feel to it.

in answer to your question Breaker...i actually started collecting Gundam stuff before Transformers. HG Kits, MG Kits, SD Kits, and the random MSIA here and there....but as you know both hobbies can be quite expensive. So i had to start budgeting my collecting...I also collect and play Magic the Gathering...another potentially expensive hobby....so now its just Transformers and Magic. I do have a nice sized shelf that still holds some of my favorite Gundams.....but for the most part i sold or gave away a ton of them...i think i still have maybe 40 or so..ill still buy the random SD kit every now and then seeing as they are relatively inexpensive compared to some of the HG and MG kits...

I've always loved Transformers primarily but some of my collecting went to random Gungams, Yomato and Bandai Valkyries, Soul of Chogokin (when I had a lot more money, these guys were fun!) and Random Megazords which my sister has mostly confiscated from me pretty promptly. LOL! She loves those things. :)

I think I did get into Transformers though because of Shogun Warriors and other various giant robots.

Archived