Collecting Other Toys

Breaker

Just curious here but was looking over my collection and took note that over the years my addiction to plastic crack has spread to other series be they strictly toylines or figures based on tv shows, movies and games. Was wondering what other things you guys collect?

I started going after specific JOEs again in the past few years. Which spread to Marvel Universe 3.75" figures cause they fit with those scale wise. I'll also go after anything I like that fits in scale-wise. Also monsters as I can rationalize them at just about any size like Gears of War tickers and boomers. I've also got some Bioshock and have been eyeing Crysis 2 figures for awhile. And I can't wait to get the TV series for Walking Dead. Only exception to my rule will be the Mass Effect figures when they're released since they'll be paired with DLC for the game. Kind of hope Hasbro follows suit with Fall of Cybertron.

What about you guys?

New Question: Did anyone start collecting TFs and then move to other things or did you start with something else that eventually extend itself to TFs?

For me I started with TFs but as a kid I had a lot of JOEs and TMNT stuff. It was easy to get back into JOEs as an adult but I havent really seen anything TMNT that I care for.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I collect specific Joe figures, along with Anime figures, comic book figures, and Anything done by Michael Turner (1971 - 2008). Be it Lithographs, figures, statues, or Comic Books. He is the greatest comic book artist of all time IMO

Thinking about jumping into M.A.S.K, and collecting all of those. Would take less then a year to complete and probably less then $1,500 also. My only problem would be space.

I collect too much, I think. :tflaugh Most of my collection outside of Transformers, is still robots, or build-able. There's a couple of anime lines, too. It'd be easier to attribute to the companies that produces them, instead of the lines.

Lego: What got me back into Lego (and almost out of it) was their Bionicle line up. I basically stopped purchasing the line in 2008/2009, due to Lego dropping the QC on the line, as you could put them together...and they'd break when you'd take them apart to make something else. Luckily, Lego had a few other Technic and System lines that kept me interested in the brand. Right now, Minifigures, Hero Factory and Architecture has my primary interest.

Bandai: Gundam Gundam Gundam. Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog) (though, KRRG has been discontinued leaving quite a few holes in my collection. >_< ) Modern Machine Robo (Mugenbine onwards), and still surprisingly, Super Sentai. I was never a big fan of Power Rangers as a kid, but as an adult, I totally dig the Japanese source material. I generally keep to the smaller "Candy kits" and not the full sized toys.

Kotobukiya: I was introduced to this company through their Hoihoi-san line of model kits(marketed in the US as One Shot Bug Killer!! Interceptor Doll). Followed them to their Megaman line of kits, and their Phantasy Star Online line of RAcaseal model kits.

I think that's the major companies I follow. For specific lines that cross over companies or characters, the lines would be:

Minimates: I truthfully don't follow American comics that well, so a good majority of the collection I have no idea who they are, unless they've been in a cartoon/movie. I just like the figure format.

Sonic The Hedgehog: I've wanted Sonic action figures since I was a kid, so I buy no matter how bad Jazwares is. :redface

Hedgehogs: Funnily, Sonic isn't completely responsible for collecting hedgehog nicknacks. When I was a baby, a relative gave me a plush puppet named Herbert the Hedgehog, though I had no idea what it was supposed to be until well after getting interested in Sonic the Hedgehog. So, I've been purchasing little normal hedgehog items to keep Herbert company. (Plus I totally support the hilarious idea of using Hedgehogs for valentine's Day goods.)

K-On!: Figma, soundtracks, random trading kits. Purchased the merchandise to make up for watching the anime fansubbed, when I decided I wouldn't drop $80 on the individual Japanese Blurays. (Bought the American ones and manga when licensed.) Might of been cheaper in the long run to just of bought the BluRays. :tflaugh

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: is my current anime collection obsession. Mostly trading kits now, but I have the American BluRays on preorder and am planning on going after the mass release Figma figures.

Whew. So, that's where most of my non-bill/non-food money is diverted .... Is this my introduction to collecting anonymous?

I don't really collect them, but I have a few star wars, joes, and iron man 3 3/4" figures. I'm also starting to get a decent number of revoltechs of various forms (like the zoids blade liger and the alien).

I sort of regret being a macross fan. There is nothing cheap there, but the 1/60 scale valkyries from yamato and bandai can be soooo nice. Then again, there's also those, umm, "fantastic" transforming vf-1 revoltechs

the biggest group of items i collect out side of Transformers would be Halo action figures. I love the Square Arts figures of Noble Team. I need to get the Chief from that line. Then i have a few Marvel Universe, Star Wars, and random video game guys like Ryu Hyabusa and Commander Shephard. Oh, and Mighty Muggs...which i'm going to thin out here shortly. Need more space for TF's.

Not sure how I forgot to mention my Halo figures. I recently just got Blue Team Spartan Mark V aka Caboose. Also just got the white EVA Spartan aka The Meta. I'm looking for a brute shot for Meta and I bought one thats about 3 sizes too big unfortunately.

I also got some First Avenger figures. I'd like to get the Destroyer from Thor and some of the Iron Man drones but everytime I see them they are full price and as old as they are now I can't justify the price (especially not for the Iron Man 2 stuff). I wish DC would adopt a 3.75" scale thats on par or better then the Hasbro stuff but thats probably asking too much.

yeah i collect Halo toys as well...mostly the megablocks line....have a few of the McFarlane figures as well.....havent had a chance to get any of the Square Arts ones though....I also collect Final Fantasy toys....and that includes Kingdom Hearts...i think ive got every rendition of Cloud Strife they have ever released..

I try not to collect anything outside of Transfomrers. ( Because I already have too many. :P ) But I have really been intrested in collecting the CMs Brave GaoGaiGar figures, right now I have two, and am looking to have six...

I have the CMs Brave 05 GaoFighGar:

gallery_23542_1463_356333.jpg

And the CMs 02x Dimension Pliers:

gallery_23542_1463_30824.jpg

Pliers Connect!

gallery_23542_1463_14459.jpg

I'm trying to find:

The CMs Brave 24 Star GaoGaiGar ver 2.0 with Goldymarg

Cms 03 Genesic Gaogaigar Ver 2.0

Cms 12 GaoGaiGo

Years ago I collected Star Wars but that stopped when I started with TFs. When GI Joe released the 25th line I started with that and have not stopped. I recently got rid of all my Marvel Universe stuff - that was really getting out of hand. The only Marvel stuff I have is the Walmart 6" movie line. I have one small shelf with some random stuff, Jay and Silent Bob, the new Robocop figure, Revoltech Predator, 8" Lion-O, and MOTU Classics He-Man, there is no theme to that shelf to speak of.

Archived