Please check out my Masterpiece Deathsaurus idea & photo shopped pic,using MP Grimlock's toy.

Shadowpanther

Should try a digibash instead, I'm sure it would look good, but the pics you posted make it look like crap. I do like the idea though

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what your going for and that does look good. It would definitely be an interesting remold. It's just an obscure character stateside.

I see what your going for and that does look good. It would definitely be an interesting remold. It's just an obscure character stateside.

Obscure? How so?

Should try a digibash instead, I'm sure it would look good, but the pics you posted make it look like crap. I do like the idea though

Sorry,I knew it wasn't going to come off as a work of art. The whole point in me doing the MP Deathsaurus photoshop was to present others with the visual idea of how it would look. with the deathsauras robot & beast heads on the MP Grimlock toy mold. along with the dragon wings,minicon port & animal minicon on the robot chest.

I was debatting whether or not to remove the beast tail & have it transform into a pop off/on robot arm shield. but I think I want the MP Grimlock beast tail left on the toy. Because the beast tail is tied into a gimmick & moves back & forth. I think I'd rather have the Robot arm shield just be a External accessory piece & not a internal part of the toy.

Obscure? How so?

I also agree that the Deathsaurus character/toy is not obsecure in the fan base in America. this MP TF Deathsaurus toy idea is clearly for the fans & not the kids. as Takara clearly markets, designs & aims these MP TF toys for the fans.

Deathsaursus is a faction leader in the 1989 TF Victory cartoon/toy line. Deathsauras has a USA Botcon convention toy. Deathsauras has a Hasbro HOC Pvc 2 inch toy. Deathsaurus was starring in the TFCC Club comic as the faction leader for a while.

Obscure? How so?

Deathsaurus is obscure stateside. Show a picture of Deathsaurus to a kid and they might know its a transformer, but Deathsaurus? I had to look him up to remember he was from Victory. Kind of obscure.

Obscure? How so?

Deathsaurus is obscure stateside. Show a picture of Deathsaurus to a kid and they might know its a transformer, but Deathsaurus? I had to look him up to remember he was from Victory. Kind of obscure.

Dude Deszaras aka Deathsaurus is one of the first Japanese Decepticons to pop into a person's head when asked to name one of them. He is a well known Decepticon, and one can not think of Star Saber without thinking of Deszaras.

He is also one of the few Japanese Characters to actually have figures in the American Market.

He might be obscure to you, but most people do know who he is,

• 3 weeks later...

Which American market figures are you referring to? As far as I know, the Botcon exclusive was the only use of the name and thats a rather small in-the-know population to sell to.

Any Victory character is gonna be waaaaaaay down the line, prob never.

Hasbro/Takara isnt going to see it as profitable, b/c Victory isnt that recognizable to the general market overall. Yeah some ppl know the names, but its not as easy to sell as say...maybe a MP Soundwave.

The pricetag for MP's are steep, meaning development costs are higher.

I really dont see Hasbro/Takara taking that big of a risk on a character thats so off mainstream.

I can see them doing a Generations incarnation if anything. And even then it wouldn't be called Deathsaurus in the US, b/c we're so painfully politically correct now. It'd be Darksaurus or something weak.

The way I see it,every time hasbro creates a New TF Persona character,then put it into a cartoon/movie/toy line. this is the same exact thing as digging back,reviving a obsecure character & putting into a newer cartoon/movie/toy line. Sure some will still know it's a old school characters. others who don't know will treat it as a new school persona character.

The point is,why bother creating newer persona characters. when hasbro has so many obsecure TF characters they can use instead,to please the fan base. those new to the scene,will think it's a new school TF Persona. So it's a pure win/win situation on both sides of the coin.

BTW,I still stand by,what I said above,deathsauras,Isn't as obsecure as other TF characters. because usually TF faction leaders the Average TF internet fan takes the time & research to get to know. also,the 3 exclusive japanese TF G-1 cartoons are extremly popluar in the TF fandom,most TF internet fans who are in the fandom for over 5 years have seen some of these episodes. the 1989 TF Victory toy line is extremly special in the TF Francise & Fandom,because it featured almost all new molds when the TF toy line was getting cancelled in various countries in 1989. usually,it goes without saying a TF toy line with all exclusive new molds stands out like a sore thumb & most internet TF fans know them.

Clearly the masterpiece TF toys are aimed at Veteran TF fans. So it's a beyond safe bet,that these veteran TF fans know who deathsauras is.

Which American market figures are you referring to? As far as I know, the Botcon exclusive was the only use of the name and thats a rather small in-the-know population to sell to.

Any Victory character is gonna be waaaaaaay down the line, prob never.

Hasbro/Takara isnt going to see it as profitable, b/c Victory isnt that recognizable to the general market overall. Yeah some ppl know the names, but its not as easy to sell as say...maybe a MP Soundwave.

The pricetag for MP's are steep, meaning development costs are higher.

I really dont see Hasbro/Takara taking that big of a risk on a character thats so off mainstream.

I can see them doing a Generations incarnation if anything. And even then it wouldn't be called Deathsaurus in the US, b/c we're so painfully politically correct now. It'd be Darksaurus or something weak.

Obscure? How so?

Dude Deszaras aka Deathsaurus is one of the first Japanese Decepticons to pop into a person's head when asked to name one of them. He is a well known Decepticon, and one can not think of Star Saber without thinking of Deszaras.

He is also one of the few Japanese Characters to actually have figures in the American Market.

I said kids. Kids won't recognize the character because the vast majority of kids haven't seen Victory. And Hasbro does take into account character recogniztion when planning their products. As for the MP line, I wouldn't hold out the possibility since Takara puts it out but everywhere else I don't see him as an easy sell.

1- The Takara & Hasbro Masterpiece Transformers are not aimed for kids. So who cares what they think.

2- Your missing the whole point behind my idea. These Masterpiece TF toys always get recolored (with the exception of megatron). So I suggested instead of a straight up repaint,it would be better to get a few remoloded parts,new colors & a new persona attached to the mold.

Igear,is making tons of money with their remoloded MP cone heads & regular seekers.

How cool would it had been if we got a Car robot/Rid speedbreaker using the MP-09 Rodimus convoy mold. the story could have been that fire convoy gets damaged & while he heals speedbreaker is given the matrix & powers up into breakimus prime. most TF fans view speedbreaker as the alternate universe persona version of hotrod. this idea seems better than that weirdly recolored MP Rodimus black repaint.

MP Grimlock turning into deathsauras instead of marvel comics colored grimlock seems like a better idea.

MP-10 Convoy getting that rumored liscensed takara ultra magnus trailer/suit of armor is a awesome idea.

Obscure? How so?

I said kids. Kids won't recognize the character because the vast majority of kids haven't seen Victory. And Hasbro does take into account character recogniztion when planning their products. As for the MP line, I wouldn't hold out the possibility since Takara puts it out but everywhere else I don't see him as an easy sell.

Archived