Unreleased Transformers Prime First Edition Figures Cancelled?

Peter_Van

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is such bullshit. My local (and only for about 300 miles) Toys R Us only received the deluxe versions of Arcee, Starscream, and of course Bumblebee. Optimus was the one I wanted the most and now it's going to be a complete pain in the ass to find. Why couldn't Hasbro have released the first editions as the official first wave of Prime RID and the Powerizers as the second wave? That makes too much sense. :khaaan

Okay. So I know we have a lot of completist collectors around here, but really? They'll still release the molds, the package just won't say first edition. I'm just happy we'll be getting some awesome toys for Prime (even a year too late). Besides there is always the off chance the packaging is already printed and may be leaked out or shipped off to TJ Maxx or through HabroToyShop and such. I wouldn't go grabbing for torches and pitchforks until we get a bit more info.

Okay. So I know we have a lot of completist collectors around here, but really? They'll still release the molds, the package just won't say first edition. I'm just happy we'll be getting some awesome toys for Prime (even a year too late). Besides there is always the off chance the packaging is already printed and may be leaked out or shipped off to TJ Maxx or through HabroToyShop and such. I wouldn't go grabbing for torches and pitchforks until we get a bit more info.

From what I've been reading, these "first editions" were supposed to be released under the generations subline, but then became some preview figures after Hasbro later decided to make a complete transformers prime line. Because the rest of the line is vastly different from these first editions (ie, crappier, simplified, and more gimmicky), they weren't and aren't meant to be released with the rest of the toys.

Other than ebay, I don't see these toys showing up ever again, or at least in numbers large enough to satisfy all of us collectors.

I'm pretty sure the 'first edition' packaging was just a limited edition. I'm willing to bet they show up en masse in a few weeks when the rest of the retailers get the line.

However, Target and Walmart are both showing major love to Star Wars: Phantom Menace. Stupid Star Wars...

Star Wars is a waste, they are even worse then Transformers with reissues and repaints.

You would think that with Transformers blowing all the Star Wars out of the water, right now that Transformers would be more in stock?

Heck I've seen the same Star Wars Crossovers on clearance for the last 3 weeks!

Even though I am guilty of buying the Darth Vader Quadchanger, but hey clearance for $20 is not a bad deal. but not even the Transformers have made it to clearance except for

the Target Deluxe Exclusives

Because the rest of the line is vastly different from these first editions (ie, crappier, simplified, and more gimmicky), they weren't and aren't meant to be released with the rest of the toys.

Since when does Hasbro not like re-using existing molds and printing their own money? You'll see them again. And again in 5 different repaints, 10 for Bumblebee.

Because the rest of the line is vastly different from these first editions (ie, crappier, simplified, and more gimmicky), they weren't and aren't meant to be released with the rest of the toys.

Since when does Hasbro not like re-using existing molds and printing their own money? You'll see them again. And again in 5 different repaints, 10 for Bumblebee.

Here's the problem: we've seen replacements for every single toy in the the first edition line (except for bulkhead). Why would they launch a new main toy line with 2 voyager primes, 2 dx bumblebees, 2 dx cliffjumpers, etc?

Also, there's been quite a few recent times where Hasbro has invested R/D into creating a new toy, only to release a small amount and never to be seen again. Off the top of my head:

-ROTF HA Mudflap

-HFTD voyager lugnut

-HFTD voyager highbrow

-DOTM HA Soundwave*

-DOTM DX Soundwave*

-DOTM DX Que*

-DOTM DX Leadfoot*

*so far

-We also came really close to not seeing generations Warpath and Wheeljack at retail either

Personally, I think there's enough evidence to suggest most of us will not get our hands on the FE molds without blowing a lot of money on ebay.

Vehicon yeah and I wanted 3 now will have to settle for 1., But Arcee is still decently priced. I'm sure Optimus will go through the roof.

Archived