masterpiece

kuro77

SWEET I GOT AN AWARD lol.

I don't think we have to worry to much about never seeing a die-cast release from Hasbro again Shlockwave and Snowman81. I didn't say anything Hasbro and Takara don't already know. Look at MP Convoy and 20th Prime. That toy has just about the same amount of die-cast you'll find on a single 1/24th car if not a little more and at the cheapest he's six and a half times the cost of of a single 1/24th die-cast car. Of course in robot mode he's at least the size of four 1/24th cars and yes he has several parts like working shocks, a removable light-up Matrix, wrist comunicators, weapons, articulation and so on. All I'm saying is we can have die-cast toys but you have to be willing to pay the cost for them.

The store chains dictate the price they want to sell a particular toy at because they want to meet a certain profit margin. That means if Hasbro kept die-cast in the Alternators toys they would have to sell the item to the store chains for a higher price. The store chains would then charge more for the item because they had to pay more and they know they could get more. Sure the die-cast would attract a few die-cast collectors but the cost would sure put a dent in the number of people buying Alternators because they're so cheap. The cost of Alternators has already forced some people to drop buying a lot if not all of Energon in some cases. I'm sure Hasbro took that into consideration when they chose an all plastic route on Alternators. Surely they realized if they sell Alternators at a lower price the fandom will still be able to buy some Energon toys and that children will still be able to afford an occassional Alternator thus giving each line a better success at survival and profit. It's really a bigger picture than most people think about.

I won't go into detail about how Hasbro and Takara have their eyes and ears open considering other members have already addressed that issue. Like they said just take a look around at the current and future items Transformers related.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived