masterpiece

kuro77

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone want a completely plastic version of MPP is beyond me. Both the Hasbro 20th Ann. Prime and the Takara MPP are mixed diecast and plastic with some rubber thrown in for good measure! :thumb

Why would anyone want a completely plastic version of MPP is beyond me. Both the Hasbro 20th Ann. Prime and the Takara MPP are mixed diecast and plastic with some rubber thrown in for good measure! :thumb

i like the metal 20th. but i would mind have a all plastic one as well. i find my 20th OP is sometimes hard to pose because he is a little top heavy.

i like the metal 20th. but i would mind have a all plastic one as well. i find my 20th OP is sometimes hard to pose because he is a little top heavy.

:pfx

Ya I find that too he's really hard to pose in certian situations because of that, I find that happens with the Binaltech VS Alternators too, I have played with both Binaltech and Alt Smokescreens and the Alt is easer to pose.

That sucks, and if I can get a 1/24 die-cast car for hald the price of a TF Alternator, then Hasbro should've left the die-cast in.

True but a lot of those are not the highest quality. Some even lack an opening hood or trunk and just have opening doors. Unless of course you are reffering to Dub City. Dub City's outer body (die-cast) is usually made up of only around five seperate parts meaning less molds and less casting flash. Now look at Alternators Sideswipe who has twelve seprate parts forming his outer shell. Now add in all the plastic used for his robot parts. Now add in the design budget for the transformation. Die-Cast cars take very little by means of a budget to make. You go get the measurements for the car your doing and then you pick your color choices. There is far more material and time involved in making a Transformer and that has to be equated in to why we can not have a cheap toy with Die-Cast. Not to mention a majority of todays Sports Cars lack metal shells and when they have a metal body part it's ditched for fiberglass or a composite material to lighten the car up and make it faster in the aftermarket.

I could site the re-issues as an example but there are variables like store exclusives and because they can charge it and get away with it that come into play. It's just a matter of budget. Plus I'm not to keen on die-cast these days and my Alternators look gorgeous next to my 1/24th die-cast car collection. I'm having a photshoot of sorts done tomarrow (03/10/04) all my collections so I'll post the pictures a few days later. The only exception is Alternators Sideswipe because he is out of scale. He is just to wide and I've got the red 2003 SRT Viper to prove it.

In the end it's all a matter of cost. I've got Dub City vehicles with paint chips and I've seen some of the trashiest paint jobs around on various die-cast cars in general. I'm very happy to not have to wory about QA on an entire paint job like "orange peel", scratches, chips, flakes, and color variants from different paint lots (far worse than plastic variances). The only way to do it would be to powdercoat the die-cast and it's expensive to have done. I'm happy being able to play with my toys and if they were die-cast and painted I'ld be worried about scratching the paint. Kind of odd since I'll trade paint in a real vehicle any day of the week lol.

Archived