So how about that SOPA...

Reluttr

There's only 2 entities that want SOPA to pass:

MPAA and RIAA

Know why? They THINK they're losing money to the internet

They're really losing money because no one is willing to pay top dollar for their BS anymore.

Look at CK Louis. One of the top comedians in the current game right now. He offered his latest live show online for $5. He made $1M gross off of it. That's 200,000 downloads that people paid for. What did he do with it? He gave $250k to charity, gave another $250k to his staff, paid for the $220k production and pocketed the rest (after taxes).

Take a hint, fat cats...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is relevant to any website that has ever gotten a DMCA notice. I think Hasbro had clamped down on the TF sites for posting Comic scans in the past, which is why all boards have rules against posting content such as comic scans or videos, etc. I'm fairly certain the DNS blocking aspect of SOPA would only happen if the request to remove content was ignored.

This is relevant to any website that has ever gotten a DMCA notice. I think Hasbro had clamped down on the TF sites for posting Comic scans in the past, which is why all boards have rules against posting content such as comic scans or videos, etc. I'm fairly certain the DNS blocking aspect of SOPA would only happen if the request to remove content was ignored.

Actually its the first thing to happen in order to "prevent further viewing/copying" of the violating material. Of course I am sure a company has the option to contact a individual first before filing the paperwork, but most of the time it will happen behind the scenes and you wont have any idea until after the fact.

I heard about this. And this I don't like. I mean, look at me; I have a youtube channel That I dedicate to making Transformers Music videos, with SEVEN different already uploaded. If this bill passes, not only will my videos be taken down due to copyright, but ( Like BaCon ) I could go to jail, with a price of 5 years PER VIDEO. Not onl that, but also video reviewers like Peaugh will also have violated the S.O.P.A and sent to jail with a Price of 5 year PER VIDEO ( And we all know how many he has uploaded )

But again, it's not like most of the people who do violated S.O.P.A intend to make any kind of profit off of this. ( At least, not me. :/ ) It's usually put up for entertainment purposes... :/

looks like SOPA got passed....i just tried to get on the elder scrolls wiki...its blocked...WTF....

heres proof...

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Sword

click the link..

No worries yet Noisemaze, their one of the sites boycotting for at least 12 hours by blacking out their site/domain, BUT it's a prime example of what could happen on the regular if SOPA/PIPA(not to be confused with yummy sopapilla's) gets passed.

Looks like S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A will not be passing after all.I got replies from my congressmen, they are against it. latest reports are the White House promising VETO (So they no choice but to VETO it.) Most congressmen are listening to the public and going against both. So it should be dead on the floor, if it even makes it that far LOL

So we're safe for now. Yay. Too bad the Patriot Act already raked our freedoms across the coals, and now the President can issue executive orders to execute American citizens deemed to be terrorists without even the illusion of due process. Garbage like SOPA will pass eventually. It'll just take the right motivation. Maybe an act of cyber-terrorism that causes planes to start dropping out of the sky. Who knows? It will be a different bill under a different pretext, but the result will be the same: government/corporations (and since they're all in bed together is there even a difference anymore?) locking down the internet so it only serve their own purposes. Just wait and see if it doesn't.

So we're safe for now. Yay. Too bad the Patriot Act already raked our freedoms across the coals, and now the President can issue executive orders to execute American citizens deemed to be terrorists without even the illusion of due process. Garbage like SOPA will pass eventually. It'll just take the right motivation. Maybe an act of cyber-terrorism that causes planes to start dropping out of the sky. Who knows? It will be a different bill under a different pretext, but the result will be the same: government/corporations (and since they're all in bed together is there even a difference anymore?) locking down the internet so it only serve their own purposes. Just wait and see if it doesn't.

Nah the Patriot act thing has been overblown. Did we execute an American citizen because he was a terrorist? Yes we did there is no denying that. But quite honestly Anwar al-Awlaki deserved worse.Not only was he a recruiter, he was a buyer, and helped with planning 9/11. There are 2 other American Citizens that are members of Al-queda that were on trial found guilty and now serving time in Prison.

S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A will never be passed. They would make us too much like China, and they know it. That is why they will never be passed

Archived