So how about that SOPA...

Reluttr

MSNBC.com reported 2.4 MILLION tweets against SOPA/PIPA yesterday. What I found more frustrating was a tweet from RIAA:

"After Wikipedia Blackrout, somewhere, a student today is doing original research and getting his/her facts straight. Perish the thought."

Douchebag :roll RIAA and MPAA is what's wrong with the internet. Their 'good ol boy' greed needs to go.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What needs to happen is a law passed that would keep the RIAA and the MPAA out of people's business. Doesn't the MPAA give the ratings for movies? And since I have been buying the unrated versions. I'm hoping none of my money is going to their corruption.

So we're safe for now. Yay. Too bad the Patriot Act already raked our freedoms across the coals, and now the President can issue executive orders to execute American citizens deemed to be terrorists without even the illusion of due process. Garbage like SOPA will pass eventually. It'll just take the right motivation. Maybe an act of cyber-terrorism that causes planes to start dropping out of the sky. Who knows? It will be a different bill under a different pretext, but the result will be the same: government/corporations (and since they're all in bed together is there even a difference anymore?) locking down the internet so it only serve their own purposes. Just wait and see if it doesn't.

Nah the Patriot act thing has been overblown. Did we execute an American citizen because he was a terrorist? Yes we did there is no denying that. But quite honestly Anwar al-Awlaki deserved worse.Not only was he a recruiter, he was a buyer, and helped with planning 9/11. There are 2 other American Citizens that are members of Al-queda that were on trial found guilty and now serving time in Prison.

S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A will never be passed. They would make us too much like China, and they know it. That is why they will never be passed

I totally agree that SOPA and PIPA will not pass, but the issue won't die with those bills. Remember, corporations are people now, with all the rights and priveleges that entails. The Citizens United ruling gave us that little gem, and those "people" have alot more money than you do. Until that ruling is overturned we'll all be sacrifices on the altar of corporate interest (not that I'm being dramatic or anything).

Corporations may have that, but they still lose most of the time when the majority speak up and tell them to shove it. This will go away after awhile also. Or be in a form that does not effect us

Did it pass?

Support has pretty much dropped on SOPA and PIPA, to the point they've been put on the back burner for the time being.

That said, now we need to worry about ACTA.

They have been shelved indefinitely. Basically as long as the people keep standing up to the MPAA and RIAA. Neither will ever see the light of day. As for A.C.T.A? America signed that back in 2010, and you can see how well that has been enforced. It's just another useless bill that is all bark and no bite

Archived