So how about that SOPA...

Reluttr

I realize that this is not really transformers related... But it could impact the very sites that hosts the transformers news. Whats shocking is that nobody is talking about it really "seibertron literally just posted something about it".

If sopa passes then then basically...

-If anything vaguely considered "protected" such as Copywrited or Intellectual material is posted on a website, then without any due process of law, can have its domain taken and the owner be prosecuted. "with a minimum of 5 years in prison"

-Sites like google, youtube, facebook, twitter, and ebay would need to viciously monitor material placed on their site or face closure

-It also gives the United States government the ability to blacklist any website they deem "dangerous", much like The Great Firewall of China. Protests? What Protests?

Let me wrap this up. If this evil thing manages to become law, then the internet we know will be turned upside down, pillaged, and destroyed by the greedy aholes at the MIAA and just about anyone else that can gain from abusing the power.

Here is some informal videos.

A longer Explanation by TotalBiscuit...

... and a borderline conspiracyistic "but totally makes sense" video by our buddy Mike Mozart, which explains how this has been a very well thought out plot by the media industry to make ALOT of money through court.

Finally some of the major sites mentioned above "google, ebay, amazon, ect" are plotting a INTERNET BLACKOUT. That will take place sometime this month before scheduled the voting for this bill. It is a last ditch attempt to really put out some awareness to the uninformed populous about how bad this bill really is.

So far its really unknown how long this blackout will last, some reports state it could last the entire week leading up to the voting, to a single day for others. Mojang "the makers of minecraft" and some other sites "like the cheezburger network" have planned a blackout next week on the 18th.

Hopefully this blackout will get the point across about how boring it will be under this new bill.

In the meantime, everybody needs to get awareness about this out and voice your oppinion. So that our dim witted senate will realize that no matter how much under the table campaign funding they have, it wont do them any good if no one votes for them because they DESTROYED THE INTERNET!

Also for anyone wanting to say "but transformers sites dont violate this", SOPA would allow HasTak to seize the domain of any fansite if they did not approve of them posting certain content such as...

-Likeness's of their characters "including pictures, videos, or even artwork of a transformer figure"

-Leaked product shots "yes those little spyshots of pre-production figures"

-Bad product reviews "assuming it was either a video or used pictures of the product"

-Third party figure pictures and reviews!

-Mozaics

-Just about anything else that could possible infringe on any IP of hasbro or any other company

Now I kinda doubt Hasbro would do this. Assuming of course they are not diabolical enough to want to force users to go back to the time tested method of having to rely on the club magazine for upcoming product information, interviews, and other things we get from the fan sites. Also assuming they did not destroy the online community's, this would also not force users to have to go to botcon and use the clubs forum for any non-filtered interaction with each other.

*read only the bolded words for the cold hard truth*

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah SOPA sucks. I'm hoping it doesnt get passed. Hell I could go without the internet for a few weeks. Black out the whole damn thing.

It wont get passed, Politicians love their money too much. They know if they pass something like this their careers are over as they will be voted out of office and replaced by people who will get rid of it. Plus It is also unconstitutional as it violates Your First Amendment Right

I don't like SOPA, but I don't see how it violates a person's first amendment rights. All of the internet reviewers are freaking out about SOPA, but that's because their business is reviewing movies, music and video games. Both sides make no sense to me. How can having clips from a movie in a review be equal to torrent sites that have entire movies for download? Yet, what does being able to make a movie review have to do with freedom of speech?

It wont get passed, Politicians love their money too much. They know if they pass something like this their careers are over as they will be voted out of office and replaced by people who will get rid of it. Plus It is also unconstitutional as it violates Your First Amendment Right

I'll take your word for it and pray you're correct

God I hate politics....

Updates

White Airs Objections to SOPA, basically bending to the power of the many over the few and corrupt MPAA

Current SOPA opponents include Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, the ACLU, Reporters Without Borders and the Human Rights Watch

Yeah this is not going to get passed. Google by itself has more power then the MPAA. And even if it does, Guess what? It's going to court! so it wont even go into effect LOL

Congress Starting to backpedal

tic toc tic toc, who wants to keep their jobs? LOL

They passed NDAA and no one really cared, yet they talk of passing SOPA and people all over start sweating bullets. Shame, people are more concerned over internet rights than actual rights (like due process) seen in our Bill of Rights. Not bashing the OP, just noticed a lot of SOPA talk all over the web, social networks, and other message boards....

I don't like SOPA, but I don't see how it violates a person's first amendment rights. All of the internet reviewers are freaking out about SOPA, but that's because their business is reviewing movies, music and video games. Both sides make no sense to me. How can having clips from a movie in a review be equal to torrent sites that have entire movies for download? Yet, what does being able to make a movie review have to do with freedom of speech?

Remember when Youtube started taking down videos because of copyright claims? Imagine that on the whole internet. A movie review could be taken down and thus an opinion is violated, then you go see a bad movie because your uninformed. They'll basically be able to censor and shut down anything they want. SOPA would also force Google and other search engines to remove sites they don't approve. It basically gives them a monopoly on the internet, to channel information only they deem appropriate.

Knowledge is power and with SOPA all that power would be in the hands of a few. If your against piracy thats cool, so am I, but it's all the shady stuff piggybacking on this legislation that goes along with SOPA that's terrible.

Remember when Youtube started taking down videos because of copyright claims? Imagine that on the whole internet. A movie review could be taken down and thus an opinion is violated, then you go see a bad movie because your uninformed. They'll basically be able to censor and shut down anything they want. SOPA would also force Google and other search engines to remove sites they don't approve. It basically gives them a monopoly on the internet, to channel information only they deem appropriate.

Knowledge is power and with SOPA all that power would be in the hands of a few. If your against piracy thats cool, so am I, but it's all the shady stuff piggybacking on this legislation that goes along with SOPA that's terrible.

What knowledge? The internet provides me with options to buy things and entertainment.

What knowledge? The internet provides me with options to buy things and entertainment.

Ok Mike how about this, You say something bad about one of their toys? Hasbro doesn't like it. so they decide to take control of TFormers and shuts it down claiming copyright infringement. And they were able to do it, because we discussed their product and they never authorized the discussion. That is what SOPA and PIPA are able to give to the MPAA and other companies. All without going to court

Oh and they can have Bacon sent to jail for 5 years, because he was the owner of the site before they took it away from him

Archived