breaking Transformers figures

puma

My Prime's always been a display piece too. Never "pew pew'd" with him or anything. :shrug I think the plastic tey used on Meg's stock is just inferior quality and likes to fall part on itself

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Voyager Cybertron Starscream. His undercarriage plate was stuck for some reason - it wouldn't come out even though it should have, and the part of it holding Starscream's legs broke off. No amount of gluing could get it to stay on. Mighty Putty failed here also. So I had to drive a screw through his aft. Now I'm having difficulty removing the excess length of the screw. The missile launcher's peg also broke off, and gluing pegs back on tends not to work too well. However, I was able to glue a small magnet to it, which does work, and it attaches to the screw located in the former peghole.

If you still have some of the screw sticking out the other end. then just remove the screw, saw off the pointy end and re-insert it again. Since you have a pilot hole there now, you shouldn't need the sharp art to drive the screw in

Something will cut the screw. Try a good set of wire strippers. Get the kind that has the screw holes at the base of the cutters. You can screw in screws of various sizes and cut them to the desired length. Just make sure you screw it in on the correct side. It wont cut thick screws but just about any standard/smaller screw.

Something will cut the screw. Try a good set of wire strippers. Get the kind that has the screw holes at the base of the cutters. You can screw in screws of various sizes and cut them to the desired length. Just make sure you screw it in on the correct side. It wont cut thick screws but just about any standard/smaller screw.

I'll have to keep this one in mind. Have some sorting drawers I want to put some custom knobs on, but the screws are too long. Was thinking about just taking a dremel to them, this sounds a bit more safer/easier. :thumb

How thick are we talking, exactly?

I learned not to use Super Glue on G1 Transformers after I accidentally tried to tighten up Grimlock's chest wings with some and they broke off after trying to move them since they weren't moving. $50 dollars down the drain. I ended up buying a new G1 Grimlock for 40 dollars and this time didn't touch his chest wings. Will never make that mistake of using Super Glue on a G1 figure again. I heard tacky glue is better since it doesn't dry hard like Super Glue does.

Archived