botcon gobot set?

Hellscream85

Still more hating on Animated :tflaugh

I seriously doubt there'd ever be a GoBot tie-in with a BotCon. Your best bet is a kitbash.

See I would've begrudgingly agreed with your statement if it were not for the fact that the Games of Deception box set had already featured a GoBot as a primary character, I look at it this way: the Gobots have infiltrated the classics-verse armies with Cy-Kill attempting to seize control of the Decepticon armies in Megatrons absence. The comic for that year of course would show Cy-kill getting slagged, not by Megatron, but by Starscream. Plus I think a new head on Wreck-Gar in Cy-kill's colors would look totally badass!

Seems so far we're pretty evenly split, and though I feel I may get strung up for saying this, I think a GoBot set will end up being a much better set than the one we're getting this year, when I saw the pic of Botcon Overlord/Gigatron I shed tears of utter disappointment......

Cy-Kill was already killed off in the arena on Cybertron in Megatrons Origin story.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be all over it. I think Ive gotten every Gobot TF made so far. That ehobby set is still my favorite. So rad.

I liked Animated :(

I'd be all over it. I think Ive gotten every Gobot TF made so far. That ehobby set is still my favorite. So rad.

So your the minority in this one :tflaugh

He's not alone. I'm still ticked off that Hasbro killed Animated for the inferior ROTF and its toys. Fortunately Prime looks almost as good.

Still more hating on Animated :tflaugh

I seriously doubt there'd ever be a GoBot tie-in with a BotCon. Your best bet is a kitbash.

See I would've begrudgingly agreed with your statement if it were not for the fact that the Games of Deception box set had already featured a GoBot as a primary character, I look at it this way: the Gobots have infiltrated the classics-verse armies with Cy-Kill attempting to seize control of the Decepticon armies in Megatrons absence. The comic for that year of course would show Cy-kill getting slagged, not by Megatron, but by Starscream. Plus I think a new head on Wreck-Gar in Cy-kill's colors would look totally badass!

Seems so far we're pretty evenly split, and though I feel I may get strung up for saying this, I think a GoBot set will end up being a much better set than the one we're getting this year, when I saw the pic of Botcon Overlord/Gigatron I shed tears of utter disappointment......

Cy-Kill was already killed off in the arena on Cybertron in Megatrons Origin story.

Cy-kill has been kiiled off in every tf continuity he's appeared in, if he makes it into a botcon set he'd still get killed off in the club comic just to repeat the trend, but at least he'd actually have an updated figure which would at least look better than most of the other crap botcon has churned out in the past.

He's not alone. I'm still ticked off that Hasbro killed Animated for the inferior ROTF and its toys. Fortunately Prime looks almost as good.

I liked the show hated the toys... I'm mixed about ROTF because of the 2 or 3 decent molds produced in it, but there simply wasn't a single animated figure I could get that wouldn't look completely out of place in my collection, I was extrememly annoyed that Grimlock had an extreme underbite in both modes, if he had less gumpy styling I would've picked him and the other Dinobots up.... It was the Energon Dinobot 2-pack all over again, just blecch!

Animated was awesome and while I believe GoBots have a place in TF lore, it isn't as an overpriced BotCon set.

Computer-says-no.jpeg

My main reason for getting the eHobby Gobots set wasn't so much because they represented Go-Bots, but because it was an excuse to get Powerglide and Cosmos in their prototype colours. White Bumblebee interested me because it looked cool, and likewise for green Warpath. Small Foot's colours I really couldn't care less about. But one thing I did like about them making them Gobots is that it officially means that the GoBots' entire universe was DESTROYED (inadvertently by Megatron) and the few survivors of their dimension were able to flee to the Transformers' multiverse and live as refugees disguised as Cybertronians! Wahahahaha, SUCK ON THAT, GOBOTS!! That'll learns ya to be so crap and give us such a crappy cartoon and movie!! (even the talents of Margot Kidder and Telly Savalas couldn't redeem that POS film). I pre-ordered the GoBots set before it came out, so I got it easily and reasonably cheaply (well, I paid regular retail... don't know if I'd call that cheap, but it's cheaper than the aftermarket prices) -- didn't bother getting BotCon Bug Bite. Sure, I'd get him if someone sold him to me at the original price... but that's unlikely to happen. ;)

Again, sucked in GoBots!

haha.jpg

Archived