BotCon 2012 Convention Exclusive Set Revealed; Brochure Now Available

Peter_Van

BC2012center__scaled_100.jpg
Well, this is certainly a Christmas gift by Fun Publications! The company behind the annual BotCon convention has released their brochure to reveal the six-figure BotCon 2012 convention exclusive set! The set is a mish mash of the traditional Classics Universe and the Shattered Glass dimension that was birthed in the 2008 exclusive set, and the war criminal Ultra Magnus and his merry band of Evil Autobots will shatter (heh) the barrier between regular and inverse to fight the heroic Autobots and evil Decepticons! Jump through to see the full list of the figures! Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for Nova Prime. Turned out the G2 Figure is SG Ultra Magnus. And instead of the normal 5 pack it is actually a 6 pack this time around

Brochure BOTCON 2012 DALLAS

This amazing six-figure Transformers: Invasion box set features: the Evil Ultra Magnus, Evil Tracks, Heroic Treadshot and Heroic Soundwave from

the Shattered Glass Universe. From the Classics Universe, two updates fans have been wanting for years! The “Overlord” Classics Gigatron, and

the Pretender Commander Classics Metalhawk!

So I see we are returning to the SG Universe and it is now invading the ClassicVerse.

Since this will be the first Botcon I attend in quite a few years. It's more then worth it now. as long as one stays at the local Motel 6 LOL

I notice the Botcon brocher pdf says:

Ultra Magnus, and his crew of Evil Autobots crosses over from the Shattered Glass universe into the Classicverse...

"Classicverse"? Classicverse is the Fun Pub version of the Marvel Continuity, not the Wings/G2 Redux universe? So this Metalhawk won't be the guy we saw in Wings of Honor, but a new character? Or are they just saying Classicverse to mean some CHUG setting like Wings?

As for molds, I'd guess:

SG Ultra Magnus: Laser Prime in blue and red

SG Tracks: RTS Tracks done in red or black

SG Soundwave: Universe Ironhide in white and blue, new head.

SG Treadshot: Maybe movie Brawn or RTS Jazz?

Metalhawk - Geneations Sky Shadow in G1 Metalhawk colors, maybe new head.

Overlord: Generations Warpath with a new head, G1 Overlord colors.

Problem is that' ALL Deluxes. Would they make an all Deluxe set.

Maybe in their minds one Voyager = two Deluxes, and that's why this set has six figures instead of five....

On the fence about the theme. but I won't be able to attend this year. Little unsure of todays reveal though...

Well Overlord aka Gigatron is up and its the Bludgeon Tank Mold repainted and new head.

I was really hoping that they would use Armada Tidalwave just for the size factor and the combination.

Metalhawk will be Cyclonus repainted with a new head.

I'm betting they'll use the Generations Sky Shadow mold. That head could work.

They would have to use a different head for Metalhawk if they used the Thunderwing mold. Though with the Thunderwing mold being the closest to his G1 look, it is highly possible. I just don't know about the size. But we do get at least 1 Voyager in the pack. with Overlord. But Metalhawk would also fit Cyclonus just as well.

I do like the Overlord, though he doesn't have that menacing feel more like a Samurai feel now in a good way unlike Bludgeon who's Samurai feel is good in a bad way

Archived