Favorite Holliday TF Memory

Backfire

I just posted the topic on my FB page, figured I'd carry it over here.

What's YOUR favorite Holliday TF story?

Mine was 85 or 86, I had asked Santa for Soundwave, and hoped that my sisters and I each got the TF's we wanted. My one sister got Skywarp and the other asked for Optimus.

So I outfoxed Santa, about 3AM I woke up and snuck down stairs. I figured out which of my presents was Soundwave and smuggled it back to my room, where I played with the tapedeck and buzzsaw under the covers until I fell asleep again.

Everyone got up and went down to open presents that Santa left us, later in teh confusion I shot back up stairs and brought Soundwave down. When my Mother asked when I opened it I just said awhile ago...

Later that morning, I had all 3 bots hanging out, sweet.

However, this was the year that Mom showed us the JC Pennies catalog, and we had to circle which transformer we wanted the most (so she could show santa) and in the catalog it showed the seeker jets coming with little people, which we now know as Drivers. I was puzzled as to where the little guy for Skywarp was.

What's yours?

When I was a kid I only got Go-Bots for Christmas so not a lot of great TF memories unless you count the days after Christmas where I got to go over to my friends houses and see what TF's they got.

My favorite was probably just a couple of years ago. I had placed a late order into HTS for Universe Inferno and a couple of others for my nephew, but didn't expect anything until a few days after Christmas. I told my nephew I had another figure for him and that it wouldn't be here for a few more days. A little while later I hear a knock on my door and my nephew comes in with a Fed Ex box from Hasbro...on Christmas morning!

I was stunned to say the least. Especially considering some of my previous woes dealing with HTS. I called that my Christmas miracle.

My first TF Xmas pressie was Skywarp in 1984... but my favourite memory was Xmas 1987... a few weeks prior to Xmas my mother lay-byed Apeface and Snapdragon and she was working overtime during the Xmas period. On the night of December 23 my brother and I stayed up all night waiting and waiting for my mother to come home - and when she finally did - it must have been past midnight (I don't think we'd ever stayed up that late before!! We were totally past our bedtime!) -- and also, we'd spent the entire night playing with our Transformer toys while waiting... my mother finally came home and lo and behold she had both Headmaster Horrorcons with her! YES!! :D

That was a pretty darn exciting Xmas and my Headmaster Horrorcons to this day show heavy signs of wear and looseness (especially Apeface who was my favourite) from being well loved and well played toys! :)

The year I found Fort Max under my tree was epic, but my favorite Transformer Christmas memories are the ones I'm making with my kids now.

Does a 1 month old NEED every Rescue Bot, their human partners, and the Bumblebee Garage? Absolutely not, but that didn't stop Santa from bringing them....

• 1 month later...

Archived