Should Hasbro commission an adult Transformers cartoon?

Goktimus Prime

Adult-oriented Transformers Animation  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hasbro make an adult-oriented TF cartoon?

• I'd love to see an adult-oriented Classicsverse cartoon
    • I'd love to see an adult-oriented TF cartoon but it doesn't have to be Classicsverse
    • I think Transformers cartoons should remain being primarily made for kids
    • Other (please specify)

Thats how hardcore Joes are, even as they fall to their death, they accept it with a quiet dignity. :tflaugh

Personally im shunning the Resolute toyline, the redone classic looking figures are awesome in comparision; even if they aren't so collectable. They really did a good job with the sculpts and detail.

Tranny show for adults? I'm fine either way, just give me the toys

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I think I made a similar topic a while back, but yes, a thousand times yes! If anything than for a return to a pseudo- G1 universe in animation! Don't get me wrong, I love TF:Prime, it seems I may be alone in thinking that it took me back to the first time I watched the complete series of Beast Wars in story style and character development, plus Jeffery Combs as Ratchet? You couldn't have picked a better voice for Ratchet unless you dug up and reanimated Deforest Kelly ( Dr. McCoy, Star Trek)! I don't feel that the character models should be entirely restricted to the Classics/Universe 2.0/ Generations lines, because let's face it, there is A LOT of good Cannon fodder in the Unicron Trilogy :). No Bay-verse, Animated, or Prime designs please though since while I like Prime the character models look like ass as do the toys, lol.

I voted other. I believe that all TF cartoons that air on television should all be kid friendly. Kind of need them youngins to keep the brand alive.

On the other side, I'd love to see a series for adults air on the internet. Just put an age restriction thing at the front and Ill be happy. And honestly, the franchise doesnt need it. Just ramp up the action to that of the movies, tone down the gruesome deaths and Im on board. There doesnt need to be any cursing and NEVER any smut.

All my opinions of course.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't mind if the intended viewer age level got raised to the older teenage viewer level.

I think the year 2005 Cybertron cartoon series & the Current TF Prime cartoon series. are both aimed at slightly older kids like teenage viewers.

I don't enjoy a TF cartoon aimed for younger kids under the age of 7,Like TF Animated had.

I wouldn't mind a transformers cartoon aimed for adults. as long as it's not very booring & dry. I'd love to see a very realistic war portrail of a war for cybertron styled cartoon series.

I think a higher age level generations styled transformers cartoon might be very successful.

What I don't want to see is a live action movie TF cartoon series. in my imagination it'll be equally worse than the IDW Movie verse TF comics.

I think they should do an pg 13 story line between season 2 and the 1986 move. There is almost a 10 year window of story that could be interesting to see. U could also incorporate magus, kup, hot rod etc. It will never happen...but u ever wonder how they heck the decepticons took cybertron?

It will never happen...but u ever wonder how they heck the decepticons took cybertron?

Well the Decepticons were in control of Cybertron from the beginning of the series. What is interesting is that sometime between the end of Season 2 and TFTM is that the Decepticons had left Earth altogether. Even Optimus Prime and most of the Autobots had left Earth to start up those two moons.

I wouldn't mind if the intended viewer age level got raised to the older teenage viewer level.

I think the year 2005 Cybertron cartoon series & the Current TF Prime cartoon series. are both aimed at slightly older kids like teenage viewers.

I don't enjoy a TF cartoon aimed for younger kids under the age of 7,Like TF Animated had.

I wouldn't mind a transformers cartoon aimed for adults. as long as it's not very booring & dry. I'd love to see a very realistic war portrail of a war for cybertron styled cartoon series.

I think a higher age level generations styled transformers cartoon might be very successful.

What I don't want to see is a live action movie TF cartoon series. in my imagination it'll be equally worse than the IDW Movie verse TF comics.

Animated was great. There was a LOT of fan service, especially towards G1. If that made it kiddy then oh well, I highly enjoyed it. The animation and plot was, overall, excellent.

Animated was great. There was a LOT of fan service, especially towards G1. If that made it kiddy then oh well, I highly enjoyed it. The animation and plot was, overall, excellent.

I didn't like the persona's most of the ANIMATED cartoon transformers robots had,they just weren't that serious,they all seemed to have grammar school toddler mentalities. I just felt most of the robots came off a very 1-D with one singular persona trait. blitzwing was crazy & not bright. lugnutz appeared to be a level above a drone intelligence. WASP reminded me of steve urkel in his younger years on that family matters sitcon show. bulkhead was just bulk & almost no brains. bumblebee was the kid friendly bot that kids under 5 years old watching related to. Starscream's character become more of a joke & less serious as the episodes progressed,he got reduced to comedy relief. Sari was the ugliest drawn,not bright & most annoying human put in a cartoon series since daniel.

I didn't care for most animated cartoon series episodes as they weren't plot/arc tied. most of them could have been mixed up at random & it wouldn't have affected anything story wise. similar to beastwars,the last few episodes of each season were only plot/arc filled.

I didn't like the weirdly drawn animation in animated. having my transformers characters in a cartoon drawn like super heroes via teen titans with skinny legs & huge torso's isn't what I like to see. I want robots design not super hero designed looking robots that look kid friendly.

not counting G-1 Which I consider the best,My favorite TF cartoon series is Cybertron. as all the episodes were tied to the plot. the series took itself very seriously in story,fighting,personas & dialogue. the characters I felt were drawn the way robot should be drawn.

Blitzwing was never supposed to be smart. One personality is insane, another angry and another cold and collected.

Find me one TF show that doesnt have a powerful brute who is nothing more then a powerful brute. And again, he's supposed to just be barely smarter then a drone. They didnt do an intelligent character badly, they did a powerful idiot well.

Wasp was excellent! He was talented, competitive, had a bright future, then had his mind severely broken after being framed. So yeah he ran the full gamut from overconfident not-crazy to giant superpowered crazy-bug. When did Steve Urkel ever seem powerful or insane? Confident maybe but the dude couldn't back it up whereas Wasp did. How is that 1-D?

Bulkhead and Bumblebee are basically 1-D but what do you excpect from the kid magnets? At least they got fleshed out backstories and coming of age tales? Gave them some depth.

Starscream was kick ass too. Even the bits where hes just a head had me rollin'. Everyone likes what they like I guess.

Sari started off HORRIBLE and ended BEAUTIFULLY. She became the best human sidekick ever. And the most powerful. And the most interesting.

Hello? Just about every cartoon and every other TV show has episodes not tied to a central plot. You know how exhaustive a plot can get over 12-24 episodes?

I hated the Animation style too at first but it looks better in motion and the animators did a good job for the most part with the episodes. I like robots, but I'm glad Animated gave us a break from the classic and movie stylings. Do I want it all the time, no but just rehashing the same designs over and over is what makes something stale out.

Animated did have serious undertones in it's main story arch, but you probably have to watch them to see it. To me it was the perfect blend of action, comedy, story and fan service. A/E/C was absolute garbage. I really, really tried to get into it, but those shows just suck so hard. I hated the stories, I hated the characters and I hated the animation. The 3D on 2D backgrounds look like shit and felt like my eyes were trying to eat their way out the back of my head to escape. Like a cancer was gnawing behind my eyeballs. Not to mention the toyline was HORRID. A/E/C drove me away from the fandom for the better part of a decade. Thats how much I hate it.

Archived