Sears and K-Mart to merge...

SkyClonus

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/fortu...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Sears and K-Mart recently announced that the two companies will merge...Sears also recently announced a partnership w/ KB Toys, allowing KB Toys to place branded sections within Sears stores...this is great news for TF fans. Hopefully the Sears/K-Mart/KB coalition will provide serious price competition for Wal-Mart and give us all another outlet to buy our TFs...

p.s. I think this is TF Gen. Discussion, but feel free to move to an appropriate section...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is a good question, how can a company that just filed bankruptcy buy sears, when sears is doing well (largest consumer credit system of any retailer) and bought lands end last year

KMart emerged from bankruptcy in 2003. Earlier this year they posted their first PROFIT in 3 years.

But I do agree. How the hell did they mange to get $11 BILLION!??!!? There is a guy that had a large amount of Stock in both companies. I believe he is the one that got this deal made.

Sears has had a partnership with KB Toys for the last several years for the holiday season.

KMart emerged from bankruptcy in 2003. Earlier this year they posted their first PROFIT in 3 years.

But I do agree. How the hell did they mange to get $11 BILLION!??!!? There is a guy that had a large amount of Stock in both companies. I believe he is the one that got this deal made.

Sears has had a partnership with KB Toys for the last several years for the holiday season.

it was also rumored that 2 years ago sears tried to buy kb, but decided to buy lands end instead (was cheaper and could revamp softlines the worst producing aspect of the company)

KMart emerged from bankruptcy in 2003.  Earlier this year they posted their first PROFIT in 3 years.

But I do agree.  How the hell did they mange to get $11 BILLION!??!!?  There is a guy that had a large amount of Stock in both companies.  I believe he is the one that got this deal made.

it was also rumored that 2 years ago sears tried to buy kb, but decided to buy lands end instead (was cheaper and could revamp softlines the worst producing aspect of the company)

Heh, if Sears would have bought KB Toys, I wonder if that store would be doing good now.

KB Toys is privately owned, and not exactly the greatest toy store the last few years.

*is hoping that Target makes a move to acquire some company*

dont know if it has anything to do w/ all this.. but my local Sears w/in the last mo or so.. they added a whole huge section for movies/games/toys... wondering if that has to do w/ all the merging... all they need now is food and you'll have a walmart in the mall lol

Archived