Leader Starscreams eye don't light up anymore

skullfire

Alright I finally took this guy apart...the area that has the lights and cockpit...wow what a major paint in the ass. anyhow it is loose wiring to the head...yes who ever designed this thought it was a great idea to mount the led to the head instead of it free floating from the neck...so if you pose leader starscream too much and move his head the wiring goes with him..."great job Hastak". Also the leads were not soldered in just held in by some kind of tubing. Putting this all back together is a real bitch and when I find my soldering kit and a few months have gone by I might do this again.

Alright I finally took this guy apart...the area that has the lights and cockpit...wow what a major paint in the ass. anyhow it is loose wiring to the head...yes who ever designed this thought it was a great idea to mount the led to the head instead of it free floating from the neck...so if you pose leader starscream too much and move his head the wiring goes with him..."great job Hastak". Also the leads were not soldered in just held in by some kind of tubing. Putting this all back together is a real bitch and when I find my soldering kit and a few months have gone by I might do this again.

Thanks for the explanation, guys. Wasn't aware those stores just toss 'em back to the shelf for someone else to purchase.

If you don't want to go hunting for that soldering kit, might I suggest Wire Glue( http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b70c/?srp=4 )? Seems like it'd be good* for a project like this.

*I bought a thing of it, but haven't yet came across a project to use it with yet, so I can't say how well it works. :lol

Thanks for the explanation, guys. Wasn't aware those stores just toss 'em back to the shelf for someone else to purchase.

If you don't want to go hunting for that soldering kit, might I suggest Wire Glue( http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b70c/?srp=4 )? Seems like it'd be good* for a project like this.

*I bought a thing of it, but haven't yet came across a project to use it with yet, so I can't say how well it works. :lol

Hmmmmmm wire glue, you know I saw some glue looking shit on those leads to the trouble LED; not solder, fucking GLUE! Anyways when I was taking the chest / head assembly apart, it was only 1 lead that came off...then eventually the other lead fell out. Everything else (chest lights) seems pretty secure and does not look like will suffer from over use but the design on that head needs to change. So when I get into this again, I will not only need to solder the leads but also figure out some way where the LED is not attached to the head head so you can freely pose the head with out worry that something will bet worn out and break again

Archived