Leader Starscreams eye don't light up anymore

skullfire

What do I do...my brand new leader Starscreams eyes won't light up anymore though his chest lights and front intake lights still work. So what do I do? Any help from those who have had this happen to them or know how to deal with the lights on Leader Starscream, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Sorry Puma...not going that route largely due to the fact he's becoming very scarce. Plus it would be wrong anyways ;)

John...that was my first thought. I hope someone here who have taken this guy apart can help me out.

see if you can find one at Ross, Marshall's, or TJ Maxx, buy it, swap figures out, and return the broken one.

:agree

I don't see how it's wrong, or horrible, if you're swapping a brand new (but defective) toy for a same brand new, but non-defective, toy. :tfhuh

I'd understand if it's a figure that's been owned since original release, but it's not, is it?

see if you can find one at Ross, Marshall's, or TJ Maxx, buy it, swap figures out, and return the broken one.

I don't see how it's wrong, or horrible, if you're swapping a brand new (but defective) toy for a same brand new, but non-defective, toy. :tfhuh

I'd understand if it's a figure that's been owned since original release, but it's not, is it?

Oh I get your point, I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, packaging is in the trash, so it would have to be a total swap. I see what you mean about the whole defect issue (and I take care of my figures so it is like new so a swap is possible) but because these are clearance items, this toy is going back on to the shelf if I bring it back and I really would hate for someone to get my unfixed toy...but the real issue is that Ross is not getting anymore Starscreams Period...they got the few they got and that is it. So he is really hard to find as it is. The one I got was the last one they had. Selling leaders for $20 is a huge kick in the shorts for hasbro so ($60 collectible for $20!) don't expect to see more of these.

I would really like to read from someone who understands the electronics on this guy and maybe they could help me out before I open him up. I think it is a loose wire but where? Someone with real experience moding this toy can help by telling the known issues with the lights and sounds. Maybe even give me hints on how to avoid these issues later. To get another clearance Starscream only means I will eventually get the same issue.

Oh I get your point, I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, packaging is in the trash, so it would have to be a total swap. I see what you mean about the whole defect issue (and I take care of my figures so it is like new so a swap is possible) but because these are clearance items, this toy is going back on to the shelf if I bring it back and I really would hate for someone to get my unfixed toy...but the real issue is that Ross is not getting anymore Starscreams Period...they got the few they got and that is it. So he is really hard to find as it is. The one I got was the last one they had. Selling leaders for $20 is a huge kick in the shorts for hasbro so ($60 collectible for $20!) don't expect to see more of these.

I would really like to read from someone who understands the electronics on this guy and maybe they could help me out before I open him up. I think it is a loose wire but where? Someone with real experience moding this toy can help by telling the known issues with the lights and sounds. Maybe even give me hints on how to avoid these issues later. To get another clearance Starscream only means I will eventually get the same issue.

I gotcha now. :thumb ( Could still always get a spare, and make your current Starscream post-DOTM accurate. ;) )

Its because those stores do not return them back to the distributor or mark it as defective product. If you've paid attention to all the toy-swapping horror stories, you'll realise that stores with tape it back up and put it back on the shelf for sale. This means some other unluck kid is going to end up buying that broken toy.

Its because those stores do not return them back to the distributor or mark it as defective product. If you've paid attention to all the toy-swapping horror stories, you'll realise that stores with tape it back up and put it back on the shelf for sale. This means some other unluck kid is going to end up buying that broken toy.

Thanks you for posting this! :thumb

now that part of the conversation is squashed are there any mod geniuses that has worked with this toy that could help me out here?

From what I remember hearing at some point about this figure, he's a total bitch to take apart due to pins that need tapping to take his head apart. Either way, good luck in fixing him. Hope it is successful

Archived