Ultimate Optimus Primal

frenzy_rumble

This was a commissioned piece. Optimus Primal is ultra class (larger one) and the original version. Few things bugged me about the figure, so I did my best to improve those. To begin with, the original figure only had fists, and when in Gorilla/alt mode, those fists weren't facing a convincing direction. I added articulated, rotating hands. (c/o cast Customs by Z) Another issue was the spring loaded mechanisms everywhere. I removed these springs and made those features friction poseable, during this process - I also omitted the "kung fu grip" style arm(s) gimmick. There were areas (especially on the gorilla/alt mode) which were given matching sculpted fur. I also gave his robot mode working LED eyes, with easy-access batteries located on the back. Lastly, I gave Optimus a pair of cool swords, c/o Movie Leader Prime. The black fur is actually like 4 types of black and gray, to really help make the fur and details pop. I did a lot of tedious blending styled paint on the red and white areas.

Full set of images can be seen

· www.frenzyrumble.com

· https://www.facebook.com/pages/FrenzyRumble/277523541966

·

6363349709_bc359c9de7_o.jpg

6363349557_a77fef1d4e_o.jpg

6363349709_bc359c9de7_o.jpg

6363348391_5f3e687da2_o.jpg

6363348641_e3a7c8ea51_o.jpg

6363348705_99a3d9319f_o.jpg

6363349021_dcfa08cd3d_o.jpg

6363348883_bb3fb07360_o.jpg

6363348577_1f0d178653_o.jpg

Ok

First let me say this I am A HUGE Optimus Primal fan HUGE

So when I saw this I was thinking oh cool. But Something looks off on it. The gorilla looks great its the robot mode thats throwing it off. The face looks Goofy. and the white looks too white. The chest looks kinda Kiddy cartoonish Bright. Beast wars was a darker show so I guess I was just expecting darker tones.

Awesome work just doesn't have that Full Primal Feel.

Archived