I Am Officially Boycotting Hasbro

Noisemaze75

I sympathize with your sentiment but if you do write them, you might break with the multiple periods between sentences. That was damned hard to read and almost as hard to follow. Not hacking on your writing style but int the event that you do decide to write Hasbro, a well structured paragraph/argument with good punctuation goes a long way when talking to people in power.

I myself speak from experience, I hard to learn to write in a structured environment and it has paid off many times. Past all of that, maybe Hasbro could find something to do with the ones that were just damaged packaging and not damaged merchandise inside the boxes, I'm sure there are organizations out there that could make use of dented up packages yet undamaged toys on several levels. Maybe some rallying from us fanboys could help change that(#OCCUPYHASBROBROKENTOYS?), especially with the holidays coming up fast. I know as a kid, a beat up package meant nothing to me as long as the toy inside was still intact(went to a lot flea markets in my youth with the parents).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think what he's trying to say isn't that he wanted those items, but that Hasbro could have found something else to do with them besides destroying them. That would be a good product to sell on HTS if Hasbro ever tried to do a Collector's only type store. Kitbashers and regular collectors wouldn't mind buying defective product, even if at a slightly reduced cost. That way, Hasbro could still make money on the product instead of having to pay some dudes to drill holes in it.

this...this is exactly what i was trying to get...thank you tripedacus...

I think we all have had that point where we said "thats it, Im done with Hasbro!" But as soon as that next wave of bots hits the pegs we are right back in it. Especially with Junkheap showing up now.

I like Blitz' point about writing them off as a loss. I am pretty sure, accounting wise, its a big No-No to write product off and then sell it.

Write that letter though. I am really interested in what kind (if any) response the give you.

ok..update time..so i havent wrote the email yet...been busy with supermario3dland....anyway...apparently hasbro is pissed at me now....remember how i said i left a note asking about aquiring one of the sets.....well there not happy...im not allowed in that corner of the warehouse anymore....so now if i want to smoke on my break i have to go through security and blah blah blah to get to the parking lot smoke deck and waste most of my break....oh...FYI...everyone goes through security entering and leaving the warehouse...not just me...in case someone is all like...why are they making you go through security..do they think your going to steal them?...we ship alot of apple stuff...and people love to try and steal ipods and iphones...

I worked at K-Mart and we destroyed TONS of stuff. Things that the vendors didnt want back or things we couldnt send back like weight sets, treadmills, tents, tables, chairs, etc. Anyway, most of the stuff wasnt that bad off and especially the work out equipment is mint in the box. Its an odd beast.

But yeah your complaint is without warrant. You think a store wants to order from Hasbro only to get a case full of toys thatll look crappy on the shelf?

In a situation like this I would have just at the very least snaged a couple for myself..."cool, hasbro wants to destroy merch and waste plastic, then me taking a few of these into my truck is really not stealing, Hasbro has elected to not make money on them anyways". And I would do that.

Now what is surprising is that hasbro has not done what they have done with their special toys before and just wait a few months and send them off to ROSS at a discount...make sense right?

But I can see that their main goal is to keep the value of the comicon special high by destroying the extras that wont sell. Limited is limited and they had their extras...time to destroy them.

If you were lucky to be there grab what you can "Mission Impossible style" and don't call Hasbro, call it a day :thumb

so now if i want to smoke on my break i have to go through security and blah blah blah to get to the parking lot smoke deck and waste most of my break.

You should quit...Smoking is bad for you....

Archived