Takara vs Hasbro

gkopw

I pick and choose for the most part. Back when hasbro had their re-issue line going I bought primarily those with the TAK ones like Megatron and Soundwave and nearly ended up with all the season 1/2 characters.. which were the only ones I really cared about. When it comes to the main line, if I'm interested, I usually stay domestic. I see no sense in imports if its readily available.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go Hasbro for the simple fact that I am poor.  I do pick up some Takara things that don't come stateside (MP OP, Predaking reissue, Soundwave, G1 Insecticons), but I still support my local hasbro with the Alternators.  plus all my friends that buy BT's have paint scratches after 2-3 transformations.  That makes me laugh.  $50 go bye-bye!!!  My plastic is pristine!

Hasbro makes great stuff that's affordable for American fans, since their target market are usually children, their toys are usually not as detailed compared to their Japanese counterparts; but the prices are pretty reasonable, and they've came out with cool US Exclusives, namely Ener. Megs, Slugslinger & Sharky, & Cyber. Supreme Starscream. Takara on the other hand, has much more detailed and more show accurate products,since Japanese companies take their collectors much more seriously. I usually buy Hasbro stuff when it comes to much more common stuff that the avg. fans wouldn't notice such as paint detail,etc. But for more collectible stuff, espacially G1 Re-issues, I go with Takara, since they're more detailed and packaged more nicely, also not a lot of people have 'em unless they're hardcore fans. Both companies are GREAT! IMO.

This old chestnut is gettin' dragged out again huh?  :roll

I don't discriminate!  If I have the cash, I don't mind buying the Takara version.

I went kinda crazy buying expensive Galaxy Force figures, but now I'm getting a mix of both.

Now I just research the figs and see what the differences are and make a descision based on asthetic differences. EG: I bought EZ Collection Galaxy Convoy over LOC Prime because of a better paint scheme/app...

Always good to support your local TF importer too!  He's gotta eat too, not just Walmart/ToyRUs employees!  :tflaugh 

Archived