Takara vs Hasbro

gkopw

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hasbro. I just don't get why some people view them as the Anti-Christ. They're just following safety laws. And I really do love the Alternators, plastic though they may be. But that's a whole other argument.

simply put they don't have the balls to go against the system. marvel comics didn't want to follow the comics code anymore so they dropped it and made they're own rating system. why couldn't hasbro do somthing similar? cause they got no balls that's why.

simply put they don't have the balls to go against the system. marvel comics didn't want to follow the comics code anymore so they dropped it and made they're own rating system. why couldn't hasbro do somthing similar? cause they got no balls that's why.

I think toy safety and the Comics Code are two very different things. I'm not positive on this, but I think toy safety standards are a law and a toy can't be released unless it fits those standards. And Hasbro really doesn't want to be sued because some stupid kid hurt himelf on a toy.

The Comics Code is not a law, just an institution that no one ever challanged. It's more of an "ignore at your own risk" sort of thing.

I think toy safety and the Comics Code are two very different things. I'm not positive on this, but I think toy safety standards are a law and a toy can't be released unless it fits those standards. And Hasbro really doesn't want to be sued because some stupid kid hurt himelf on a toy.

The Comics Code is not a law, just an institution that no one ever challanged. It's more of an "ignore at your own risk" sort of thing.

:wtf But can I sue Takara if I choke when I put...let's say...Arcee in my mouth?

Could I get arrested for having a safety law violating toy? :tfhuh Then slap on the cuffs and call me Violator!

Aren't you being a little unfair? I thought the comic code was a self-inflicted regulation. Hasbro has no choice, they can't just ignore the government laws.

I personally get most of my TF's from Hasbro simply because its easier.

the comics code was imposed by the goverment to basicly stamp out EC comics(tales from the crypt and the like) and control what young people read. the comic company"s (at the time ) had no choice but to adopt it. it wasn't until the 70s that they started to crack the code with drug use issues in green lantern/green arrow, when they found out speedy was a junkie and with spider-man when harry osbourne takes drugs. it things like this that get that barrier broke down and only when people start voiceing their opinions that we'll see action and maybe one day we'll see a megatron and fort max re-issue, to say they have to adhere to the goverment just means they want to keep their family tradition. there are loop-holes around it they just won't use them cause it's not P.C.

Archived