So DOTM Is Pretty Much Done Huh?

Breaker

I don't mind that it was mostly movie characters, in fact I like that idea. If they focus more on actual characters, we can get toys for characters that don't have one yet? Anyways, they seem to have moved a lot into the kiddier type toys, the ones like the Activators and the Hot Wheels type things.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never forgive Hasbro if they don't give us Deluxe Wheeljack and Mirage. (-_-)

Wheeljack (Q) is coming. I wouldn't count on Mirage (Dino) though.

Wheeljack, Soundwave and Leadfoot in Deluxe and HA Soundwave molds are all that are really on my list for what's left of DOTM. If we don't get a Mirage, I'll be dissapointed. I would be surprised if we didn't get him. If they do what they've done with the other movie lines, they'll do a new subline/second series of figures and we may get Mirage from that. We got the third Arcee sister (and a bad repaint and they didn't even mesh together like proposed) with RTS to complete the trio.

So really, yeah, DOTM is pretty much done.

Yeah, the main line for DOTM was a bit disappointing but not for some of the reasons that others have. By and large I loved the line and was disappointed that there wasn't more particularly in the voyager and leader class figures. I was sure we were going to finally see that leader Blackout!

I guess some things just aren't meant to be. But leader Megatron and Blackout is a lot of money left on the table, I'm surprised we never saw either.

I guess I kinda see where Hasbro is coming from though. I just think they chose to play things safe. Movie toy lines have been so-so at best over the past few years and the more sequels the tougher it gets pushing the toys. Transformers has, as always, kept up fine.

Going forward though, if the movieverse continues as-is then I sincerely hope we get some serious re-designs. I think the main cast has for the most part burned a lot of people out to the point where they don't even want to bother with the others in the line, especially some of the really good figs that didn't appear in the movies...some of those were the best.

Haters can rejoice and take your chill pills now. More Generations will be around soon enough. I won't even get too far into the fact that good main line sales is what really makes Classics/Universe/Generations lines possible in the first place.

Well it seems like the end of transformers ANYTHING right now...yes this will be the first X-mass where there will be nothing new or exciting for transformers in any line. There will be a few prime toys and that's it. What i miss from the ROTF line is that the sublines were filled with re-tooled or re-molded better versions of their characters. I would have never thought to buy another sideswipe or another Bee but Battle blades Bee and Sidearm Sideswipe were so well done! So good that even the DOTM versions can't compare. Then battle blades prime came out...a leader class toy shrunk down to a voyager, plus he had guns! But the real star was Leader starscream.

With DOTM not having any new sublines it just seems sad that we will never get better versions of the figures that came out in the main line. From the Main DOTM line I only got Starscream which I thought was the best in the line...being a deluxe sized toy that looked closest to the movie. This was the only toy I couldn't wait for and the only one I got. I got 2 Human Alliance basics Tailpipe and Sandstorm (tailpipe being the best of the 2). So what else is their to get excited about?

As far as new toy reviews...that has been all but dead. We have a soundwave and Q and Dino coming down the line but no early releases. It is sad that there is no more movies to be excited about. I wish that Hasbro and Paramount pick up the ball on this franchise so we can get more opportunities to get cooler toys. Cos really guys Prime is gonna be one of those cartoons that gets really good and then for some obnoxious reason gets canceled just like Animated.

I wouldn't cheer this. Didn't we hear that Generations was made possible by profits from the RoTF line? If DoTm is going out, then I wouldn't expect much else coming out for Generations any time soon.

It's a shame, at the end Hasbto was practically giving this line away with the coupons that were everywhere. There were a lot of good deluxes out there and anyone that bought the Cyberverse commanders will tell you that was an awesome line.

Here's to hopes that Prime helps generate enough cash for more Generations toys.

Well it seems like the end of transformers ANYTHING right now...yes this will be the first X-mass where there will be nothing new or exciting for transformers in any line. There will be a few prime toys and that's it. What i miss from the ROTF line is that the sublines were filled with re-tooled or re-molded better versions of their characters. I would have never thought to buy another sideswipe or another Bee but Battle blades Bee and Sidearm Sideswipe were so well done! So good that even the DOTM versions can't compare. Then battle blades prime came out...a leader class toy shrunk down to a voyager, plus he had guns! But the real star was Leader starscream.

With DOTM not having any new sublines it just seems sad that we will never get better versions of the figures that came out in the main line. From the Main DOTM line I only got Starscream which I thought was the best in the line...being a deluxe sized toy that looked closest to the movie. This was the only toy I couldn't wait for and the only one I got. I got 2 Human Alliance basics Tailpipe and Sandstorm (tailpipe being the best of the 2). So what else is their to get excited about?

As far as new toy reviews...that has been all but dead. We have a soundwave and Q and Dino coming down the line but no early releases. It is sad that there is no more movies to be excited about. I wish that Hasbro and Paramount pick up the ball on this franchise so we can get more opportunities to get cooler toys. Cos really guys Prime is gonna be one of those cartoons that gets really good and then for some obnoxious reason gets canceled just like Animated.

Actually, Hasbro hasn't had a whole lot of new stuff out for the holidays for a couple of years now. Last time I can remember having a lot to look for and buy during the holidays was back during Animated when there was a bunch of new stuff out and MP Starscream was keeping folks busy as well. Since then, everything that's been out for the holiday season is for the most part all out by mid November. Sure, perhaps an odd wave of deluxe or some other figs may pop up, but not a whole lot more.

This year is going to have Prime, last of the DOTM deluxe figs, some new Generations, and perhaps even those movie trilogy figs may be out before the end of the year. I doubt if they all will, because they do need to fill time until the Prime line takes over. Problem is, Hasbro was slow to release stuff over the last couple of years only to see them never end up hitting mass retail. I would hope they are pushing more priority in getting these out sooner before retailers start cutting back again in the new year and we don't end up seeing them at all.

And for the record, Starscream is not the only figure from this line worth having. I'd say Megatron, Shockwave, Skyhammer, Sentinel (all versions), Leader Ironhide, deluxe Prime, and Wreckers are all must haves. The rest are fun as well.

I don't see anything new being out in time for the holiday around here. They were supposed to start on RTS last year around this time, and I still haven't seen it anywhere. They will likely be banking on trying to sell their fugly giant OPs and BBs, and 67 BB deluxe repaints. More money for me to spend on games I guess.

Someone mentioned bringing in more Beastformers in Classicsverse lines. I would love this. Cheetor was pretty crap, but hopefully they won't think it didn't sell because "people don't like beasts"*. It didn't sell cause, yeah, it's crap. It's a hunchback with throwing stars? How is that Cheetor? O_o But yeah, we need a Rhinox, a Rattrap, a Terrorsaur, etc etc. Hell, repaint the original figures and rerelease them. I may buy that. 10th anv was close but not quite accurate.

*After watching the bonus on the BW DVDS, this seems to be their logic. According to them, kids were no longer interested in Transformers that turned into vehicles during the late 80s-early 90s, and this is why product didn't sell. It had nothing to do with the product that was out at the time or the bad marketing. Primus forbid they admit the mistake could be theirs.

Archived