So DOTM Is Pretty Much Done Huh?

Breaker

So we havent (or I havent) heard anything in the DOTM line after the Soundwave-heavy waves come out. If thats pretty much it then thats a shame.

With ROTF we got a LOT of offscreen characters that made for really nice figures. DOTM still gave some on-screen characters a cold shoulder just like ROTF but we haven't been onslaughted by anything else which is both good and bad. In honesty this is the first X-Mas in a long while where there is literally nothing in stores I want. Theres nothing to get excited about for DOTM's future.

So is that it and we move on to Prime and more Generations? Anyone else feel like they got the shaft with the DOTM assortment? Anyone else hope to see some movieverse stuff trickle into the heavily G1 inspired Generations line? Anyone else already bored of what theyve seen of Prime?

Me too.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own ONE DOTM figure....Walmart Deluxe Optimus Prime...I'm pissed that they are releasing this figure with a trailer. Other than Deluxe Prime, there weren't any figures I could really say I wanted. If I ever see Shockwave in stores again, I'll grab him just so he could be my classics stand in, but overall, I have not really been a fan of the toys from the last two films. Only ROTF figure I own is Bludgeon, but I don't even consider him a ROTF figure.

I'll be happy once Generations are back in the sales aisle. Hopefully, Transformers: Prime and the Generation inspired figures can coexist, cause I honestly don't even think I will collect those either. Bring on our Classic/Universe/RTS/Generation figures!!!

All I see coming in DOTM is a bunch of random figures of characters that weren't in the movie. Rather than give us some Decepticons to represent the thousands of Cons that were taking over the city, we're getting things like that green plane Autobot thing that really has no purpose but to warm pegs.

At this point, even if we did get some 'Cons I don't think I'd care anymore. My collection is getting out of hand and I need more room for the really good stuff. :P

Besides Soundwave we are getting a Deluxe Leadfoot, A repaint of Twin Twist into Topspin, ummm A think Q and Dino are supposed to come out too. Oh and I'm sure 7 other Bumblebee repaints on horizon. Other than that yeah DotM was pretty much a whimper. I mean they cant even give us a Leader Megatron, which is a shame because that one wouldn't warm the shelves.

I'm so sad that DOTM is over :*(

It wasn't around even long enough to give us any unique, odd ball transformers that turned into biplanes or ice cream trucks. It couldn't produce any iconic leader molds for characters that may or may not rhyme with schmoptimus schprime or schmegatron. I was almost certain that DOTM was going to make the next skystalker, but that'll never happen.

Again, boo, sob sob, what will us collectors do without this movie line and the like...

First movie line was cool because it was something totally different. ROTF was cool because it was a massive engineering leap from the first line and had so many interesting toys. DOTM will never be as cool because of junk like starscream's mechtech, stick thing?

So, there won't be a HA Topspin? I don't care much for the Wreckers, especially Fatty, but it's just wrong if the trio is incomplete at the HA scale.

I know that, in some way, the MechTech weapons are fun, but they are kind of ugly and either ruin the appearance of an alt-mode or take the place of what might have been accessories from the movie.

I own ONE DOTM figure....Walmart Deluxe Optimus Prime...I'm pissed that they are releasing this figure with a trailer.

I really wanna know... can Deluxe DOTM Optimus Prime connect with 1984 G1 Optimus Prime's trailer?? Thanking you in advance...

Besides Soundwave we are getting a Deluxe Leadfoot, A repaint of Twin Twist into Topspin, ummm A think Q and Dino are supposed to come out too.

I would never forgive Hasbro if they don't give us Deluxe Wheeljack and Mirage. (-_-)

I own ONE DOTM figure....Walmart Deluxe Optimus Prime...I'm pissed that they are releasing this figure with a trailer.

I really wanna know... can Deluxe DOTM Optimus Prime connect with 1984 G1 Optimus Prime's trailer?? Thanking you in advance...

Here are a few pics. I remember you asking for some before in another thread and meant to take some. Completely forgot.

As you can see, the trailer doesn't look bad "connected" to Deluxe DOTM Prime...It can roll forward with Prime, however, the trailer may come loose if you try turning.

102jhjs.jpg

9pwg83.jpg

The "connection" really is just a matter of laying the trailer peg port on the back end of Primes truck mode. There is no peg that can truly connect to the trailer, however if you had an extra (old) G1 trailer lying around, you could probably mod it to have a good connection. I lay the trailer port on the blue back end in front of where the gray pin/swivel would be. It looks OK on display, but if you play with it, it will detach easily.

otjdd1.jpg

jrp8ur.jpg

I think I might try and search for an old G1 trailer on EBay.....Bare in mind, I don't have a vintage G1 Optimus Prime w/ trailer, I have the Takara Collection #00 Book-style Boxed Prime. I don't remember many (if any) differences n the original vintage G1's trailer and the Takara reissue, but then again it's been years since I held a vintage Prime/Trailer in hand. Hope this helps.

That is the most un-aerodynamic trailer I've ever seen lol.

Yeah bring on the Generations. I just want to see more diversity in the line from other eras including Beast, Animated and Movie. Generations is supposed to be a celebration of TF history and so far its almost always G1 (with a few exceptions). Not that I dont ADORE the classic updates, I want plenty more, I just want a couple more curve balls thrown in.

That is the most un-aerodynamic trailer I've ever seen lol.

Yeah bring on the Generations. I just want to see more diversity in the line from other eras including Beast, Animated and Movie. Generations is supposed to be a celebration of TF history and so far its almost always G1 (with a few exceptions). Not that I dont ADORE the classic updates, I want plenty more, I just want a couple more curve balls thrown in.

Yeah, I'd like to see some Beast Wars love in Generations. I missed/passed on Cheetor and Dinobot froma few years ago. Would love to see some new updates to Beast Wars characters.

I'd really like to see Armada love in Generations. An updated deluxe sized Generations (articulated) Armada Megatron and Starscream would be great to have...

Archived