Can we expect US Combiner Set Releases?

zoltaire

Ladies and Gentlemen. may I point out that Cybertron is coming out next year, which will slow Energon Giftset possibilities.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone purchased the Japanese combiner sets yet? Are they identical to the U.S. Release?

I have both the Bruticus and Superion Japanese sets. I've noticed a small difference on Treadshot, one of the F-22 Raptor basics - there's a small blue powerlink symbol behind the cockpit and to the right of it on the Energon version - not there on the SL version.

Sky Shadow (Energon A-10 Basic) is VERY different from his SL brother - the red isn't a blood red, it's more of a brownish red, and the fuselage on Sky Shadow is silver instead of a flat grey plastic. Personally, I prefer the Energon's silver, and wish the SL's shade of red was used on it.

Sky Shadow too has the powerlink symbol on him, which his SL brother lacks.

I just wish I could find a Storm Jet and two more Sky Shadows - I want to do a "custom" combiner, name him StormShadow. Planning on doing a similar theme once I find a Steamhammer and one more Sledge - name him Sledgehammer, and keep that craptacular Duststorm away!

I plan on doing that too... getting multiples of the limbs to be able to make "matching" combiners...

At the same time, tho -- DustStorm and Storm Jet don't look good linked. ;) It mostly owes to Storm Jet having slightly offset linking points...

Oh.. and my Duststorm has the blue/teal powerlinx as well.. and nothing about him is craptacular!

Athenor

I plan on doing that too... getting multiples of the limbs to be able to make "matching" combiners...

At the same time, tho -- DustStorm and Storm Jet don't look good linked. ;) It mostly owes to Storm Jet having slightly offset linking points...

Oh.. and my Duststorm has the blue/teal powerlinx as well.. and nothing about him is craptacular!

Athenor

Duststorm is horrible.......loose joints, poor paint job, the fact that there are NO known blue/powder blue construction vehicles, no real hands, etc. It's like Sledge was designed by MIT, and Duststorm was designed by........the University of Nebraska football team.

Bruticus looks sufficiently massive when he's got two Sledges as pants, and his two tank basics as arms. I have to warn everyone about Onslaught though - It's REALLY easy to snap off Bruticus' head if you forget about the two small pegs it fits on in the back.

As I pointed out, you can get a ton more poseability out of duststorm easily...

But you are valid in your complaints. He looks awesome as a foot, though -- I just wish he were symettrical.

And he makes one helluva cool looking basic on his own. =)

Athenor

Archived