Hasbro Moves Forwards on Fourth Transformers Movie Negotiations with Paramount, Bay and Spielberg

BaCon

Someone introduces a Cobra Optimus Prime toy, and movie gossip tops the headlines?

:wat Hello.

How did I miss that?!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there TFormers, it's been a while. So I just heard about this and i'd like to post my reaction to this piece of news in its truest form.

I'm sorry but 3 movies is enough.

[Plot for Transformers 4. Bumblebee scans a sports car, drops the yellow paint job for red one, gets his voice back and tells everyone not to stop calling him Bumblebee.]

STRAXUS: Puny Autobot, who are you to dare defy me?

EX-BUMBLEBEE: The name's Hot Rod, and you're going down!

OPTIMUS: Hot Rod? What's wrong with Bumble-

HOT ROD: It's my new partner. Hates insects. You know, bad childhood experience.

OPTIMUS: Really? I thought the new one seemed a bit tougher than the last one.

STRAXUS: You changed your name for a mere human? You are inferior.

OPTIMUS: Strax, we're taking you to the scrapheap.

HOT ROD: Yeah. What he said.

For the new movie the autobot line up is pretty easy to figure on. But for decepticons I expect cyclonus scurge insecticons, quintisence, a rebuilt megatron aka galvatron and finally unicron. Are there any other decepticons we can think of for a new movie?

Lots.

Megazarek, Skullgrin, Monstructor, Overlord, Thunderwing, Jhiaxus, Bludgeon, Onslaught, Browning, Deathsaurus, King Poseidon, Dinoking, Ratbat, Wingthing, Trypticon.

There's no need to bring back Megatron again, or rehash TFTM and Armada with Unicron

Someone introduces a Cobra Optimus Prime toy, and movie gossip tops the headlines?

:wat Hello.

How did I miss that?!

TFW2005 and Seibertron threw it in hidden with a batch of third party convention news, most other sites didn't even bother reporting it. The only site that seemed really excited about Cobra Optimus Prime was the GI Joe site hisstank.com

It'll be nice to be able to just simply follow a TF movie's production without having to dig deep in every news story for pictures to see if they finally fixed their failure to create a proper Starscream.

Now that the fat ugly SOB is dead, I can relax and just....enjoy the movie!

With him gone for good, now we can focus on everything else that could bring the movie down... Like... bringing back Megan Fox to ruin it just like she wrecked ROTF (she had NO PURPOSE!!!) or having Linkin Puke record yet another sobby emo craptastic song for the movie....Or the Twins...Or Leo Spitz.....

Next trilogy = G1 Season 3 characters

I think they'll keep Prime, BB, Ratchet and then add Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, Magnus and Springer.

Springer will take over Ironhide's position as the bot with guns.

Kup, just there filling in for his old friend Q as the scientist.

Hot Rod would be their "We shouldn't have killed Jazz, so lets see if we can make him the kool one" .... "and then kill him off as fan service for those that did not like him."

Blurr... well... he's just there.

Ultra Magnus, there at the beginning of the movie and leaves back to fight for Cybertron and takes some of the Earth Autobots with him (Dino, Sideswipe, Arcee, Twins, and new characters like Prowl, Cliffjumper and Blaster). With no leader, the Decepticons are slowly starting to fall... until a leader arises from the darkness.

Can't expect a reboot if Bay and or Spielberg are in it.

That sounds like a great start but question is. When has Hollywood ever made things right on a movie based off a classic? Egos always get in the way because they always have to put their "mark" on it. Thus molesting a masterpiece.

That sounds like a great start but question is. When has Hollywood ever made things right on a movie based off a classic? Egos always get in the way because they always have to put their "mark" on it. Thus molesting a masterpiece.

Probably House on Haunted Hill, which was the best attempt to recreate a classic movie shot for shot.

If you didn't like the movies, don't watch this one. It'll give you one less thing to complain about.

And if you don't like the toys, don't buy them. It will be yet another thing less to complain about.

Okay, you have my permission to enjoy the Transformers movies and the toys that go with them.

Shockwave was wasted in DOTM.....Too bad, he should have been the new lead villain. Oh well, they should scrap the current cast of robots and use the Season 3/1986 movie cast as the main characters. Kill off Prime, bring on Magnus vs Galvtron. Hot Rod can be the new "Bumblebee"....and clog shelves everywhere with multiple versions of the characters toy.

Archived